Additional 5-37% Can anyone share thier experience?

Mawnee

Reaction score
On friday I ordered my droid and new verizon phones for my family as well. We are switching from T-mobile. I've noticed most sites, including the Dell site I ordered from had some fine print. "additional fees blah blah additional 5-37% to your bill..." A little poking around google shows this is standard practice for Verizon.

With my Droid, my wifes LG Chocolate Touch and a non-smart phone for my daughter our plan is already like $135 a month. 5-37% on top of that allows for a pretty big swing.

For those of you already with Verizon, just how much are you seeing added to your bill in various fees?

Thanks in advance for any insight :)

OP
Mawnee

Mawnee

Reaction score
Anyone? Really curious about this.

vonfink13

Reaction score
i haven't goten a bill yet..my assumption is that it will only go up by $30 for the unlimited data plan...fyi..i got mine from best buy...

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am a new account, got mine at BB. My monthly biss estimate for one line, 400 mins or something like that, unlimited texting and data is $90.

laterr

Reaction score
Mine went from about $64 a month to $72. That's with my 20% discount though.

OP
Mawnee

Mawnee

Reaction score
Mine went from about $64 a month to $72. That's with my 20% discount though.

hmm..so about 12% in additional fees. I guess that isnt too bad, was paying about the same through T-mobile. Means on my bill I'll be looking at roughly $15 in extra fees.

fegul

Reaction score
Do the fees you mention include state and local taxes? if so, that would account for the large variation

laterr

Reaction score
The prices I quoted were my total bills including taxes...which are roughly $3 a month for me.

mastermindnate

Reaction score
We kinda went overboard with it. My Brother and I signed up for 1400 minutes, unlimited data, and text.. and with activation fees, taxes and other fees our 1st months bill is like 287.00.. but i think that includes some pro-ration