What Android Device Do You Think Is Truly Elite?

Phoxus

Reaction score
I dont stop by often but hardware and operating system after hacking the Droid X is hands down the dominant player. I've toyed with htc, their original software may be amazing but anyone who intends on having stock android or hacking.... The Droid X even with its obstacles tackles all in power, abilities and awesomeness.

Don't let that bad press set you down, the Droid X is the most capable device there is.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Droid X hands down.
Well if you say that I gotta ask you this...
Why is it better than the Evo4G.... Please answer me that question because my friend is always trying to shame me with his device and his Kickstand, HTC Sense, 4G speed and all.
:)

On paper, the Evo4G is hand down the best android device to date as it offers the most complete package of features, including a 1GHz processor that can match any android processor to date on the market. Other features that Moto don't offer include the front facing camera, kickstand, 4G capability and HTC Sense UI. Sense UI to me seems more refined Motoblur feels to cluttered and makes me feel like its only purpose is for social networking.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
With that being said I must say that I'm partial towards a rooted Droid 1 because it offers me everything that I can get from even the most elite phones minus the front facing camera.

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
why not have a poll?

but I thing the original droid the elite of the elite because without the success of it most people would have no clue that android existed. The original droid started the android boom.

elucid

Reaction score
The incredible is a beautiful phone. Nice form factor, beautiful screen, fast, great in almost every way... unfortunately the battery life is terrible. Half that of the d1 which is insufficient at times. Droid x features with the incredible size would be perfect :) ... at least for a little while.

dbst

Reaction score
I would have to go with the D1, it can be overclocked to over twice its original speed

Azurikai

Reaction score
the original droid, its the only untampered verizon device.

everstar80

Reaction score
Droid 2 is the best in my opinion. I love the qwerty keyboard, that it came with 2.2 out of the box and didn't have to wait so long like the other great droid devices. And the screen is great, fast processor and the size of the phone is just right. Fits in my pocket and hasn't dropped a call yet an d I can hear everyone clearly without having to root. It just does.

marleyinoc

Reaction score
Original Droid for me.It was quickly rooted and custom ROM'd. That's what atracted me to Android in first place. Don't give me a device with these capabilities and then block me from tinkering. Not that I tinker much, but it's my SMART phone. Also, if I tinker and screw it up, I should have a file for recovery. Don't go the low road. Provide recovery or way to make one, sbf, whatever from the start. This is a pc. It really is, and folks are using it as one, bless our eyes.

Verizon, etc., we're paying you hand over fist. Give us respect. This is a pc, we deserve control, and frankly, open source devs do it better.

Dissonance

Reaction score
I have a DX and it clobbers my coworker's D1, and my brother's D2. It's faster in real world application (I don't know about specs), the screen is much more amazing, and the battery lasts longer. I also seem to get faster GPS locks and can get them in less then ideal places (inside, bad weather, etc).

I'd never change. Love my X!