What Android Device Do You Think Is Truly Elite?

mikeyo1990

Reaction score
Has to be the original droid!!
I mean this is just a guess but without the success of this phone maybe the evolution of all the droids now might not be what it is

aayoo

Reaction score
Droid X all the way. I don't miss my Droid 1 for a second. Once you've experienced the 4.3 inch screen, anything else just doesn't compare. I type better with the on-screen on the X than the physical on my old droid 1. I actually don't mind being stock on the X because it's plenty fast on its own, although i did get launcherpro as a home replacement. Droid X and Droid 2 are practically the same device, but i fell in love with the big screen so that's what sold me.

I may get in trouble with our companies research & development center, but there's a front-facing webcam in development that utilizes the micro-usb port on a number of phones.

accellpo

Reaction score
The D1 must be respected as an icon! The way it brought Android to the mainstream cannot be understated. The Droid X is the next level and is the ultimate Android experience right now. To say the DX isn't better is denial or insanity! Or both!

OSX2000

Reaction score
Droid 1 hands down, for its customizability.

This should've been a poll.

barski

Reaction score
Droid X- there's a reason why it's first to come out on DroidDoes!!

NO IF, AND's, OR BUTS!:)

DroidX.png

IHC-Farmall

IMG%5D

jedihep

Reaction score
It has to be the Droid 1 IMHO!! It has put the does in the tag line "Droid does". It is the device all others are inevitably compared to in on way or another and the one device that so many have developed an almost obsessive kinship towards.

jedihep

Reaction score
It has to be the Droid 1 IMHO!! It has put the does in the tag line "Droid does". It is the device all others are inevitably compared to in on way or another and the one device that so many have developed an almost obsessive kinship towards.

It will also be the device that in 20 years when people talk about the android OS's inception and success, that people will remember and pick as the pivotal device in that success and popularity. ALL HAIL the DROID 1!!!

jack902902

Reaction score
What's with the overclocking obsession? There is always a trade off when OC'ing.
Can you really compare battery power and performance when overclocked?

Higher speed = Higher energy consumption.
Enegy consumption = Heat exchange

Aside from the higher battery consumption, I've learned that a hotter processor produces with a lower performance : speed ratio.
If you were to overclock a PC, you usually upgrade cooling fan and heatsink. Otherwise, your CPU is just working harder.

So, although you can speed up the CPU frequency per clock cycle, your performance gains are perhaps marginal.

Options are nice, but then again, how many people will actually OC for regular use.

KingTee

Reaction score
Here's my story. Bought a new droid off craigs for $125 and fell in love. Went to the DX and decided to sell my droid for $180. Had DX for 29 days and decided I did not want a contract (Sams, no restocking fee). Re-bought the droid for $180 and one month later the samsung fascinate comes out with buy one get one free. Fascinate goes to wife and I get a droid x ($100 for each without rebates over the phone). Both parties are happy and I have 2 original droids to sell. I will take a 4.3 inch display with fast stock processor over the hackable droid that you must overclock. Very difficult to use a smaller display once you own a X or Evo. This is why I took back a ipod touch 4g; 3.5 does not cut it anymore.

My ranking.

1. Droid X
2. Evo 4g
3. Droid 1 (only if hacked, last place if not)
4. Tie, Epic 4g/Fascinate (wife likes the slim light feel of the SF and hates any keyboards)
5. Droid 2 (not enough upgrades over a rooted droid)
20. Iphone (the operating system now feels watered down with the upgrades being after thoughts just to catch up. Makes a great camera).

Different story if Htc release a EVO like phone on verizon to replace the incredible. I just don't like sprint due to lack of choices and coverage; 4g is not at my home or work so right now it's useless. Verizon is willing to wheel and deal with you to earn their business (early upgrade on primary after a year, buy one get one free, ect) and I see verizon's 4g network growing faster than sprint's once released.

So question if i get an early upgrade on my primary line and get a fascinate at bogo i can get the othe phone free and add it to one of my other 4 lines?

beckx020

Reaction score
Original Moto Droid.

It might be old now at not even 1 year, but it's a rock that all others are compared to. There still is nothing (yet) that I would consider trading for. Sure, some might be prettier or bigger or have a special screen, but I can look at those and pick up my phone and do a major smile all the way home. I like my phone. This is the first phone or PC that I have still really liked after having it for months. It's weird to me, but there it is.

portermac

Reaction score
Why is the Droid 1,a year older than all the other phones even being chosen? Why has 50% chosen the original droid?

Because it is truly elite.

jack902902

Reaction score
...errr processor frequency per clock cycle. Like 1000Mhz or 1250Mhz per clock cycle.
When I say frequency, I mean hertz (1-infinite Mhz).

Think of the processor's frequency (Mhz) as hands, and the more hands you have, the more work that gets done.
Think of clock cycle as your heart beat, and everytime your heart beats, your hands executes a task.

Now, I have two hands, and my heart beats every second. In 5 seconds I can complete 10 tasks.

Based on CPU architecture, you can get so much work done at say 1000Mhz. With that being said, theoretically you can get more done at 1250Mhz.

However, issues, such as heat, causes the overclocked CPU to become less stable.
And that means that just because you increased your CPU's frequency by 25% (1000Mhz to 1250Mhz), does not necessarilly mean you have increased performance by 25%