Motorola Ciena... One Device You Don't Want

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
motoc.jpg

Motorola is working hard these days on Droid's, and the latest soon to be released will not be on your "to get" list. This new device is going under the low end device line and will be called the Ciena and thankfully the device will not hold the Droid title.

This new devices spec sheet is as low end as Motorola can get without labeling it a Razr. The device will have a 3 inch screen, 240×320 pixels, a 528MHz Qualcomm processor, 256MB of RAM with 100MB of ROM, and 3MP camera with no autofocus or flash.

The device will have some good things like MotoBlur, but sadly we cannot say for sure that this is the Droid X version or the horrible Moto Devour. The device will also not have the social integration and might not come with any Google services installed due to the below minimum required specs.

Does this even sound attractive to you?

News Via: IntoMobile

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
it will probably be good for the people who havent used android and dont have the money to spend on a high end device or maybe even for parents that wanna get there kids a cheap phone that will just work

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
it will probably be good for the people who havent used android and dont have the money to spend on a high end device or maybe even for parents that wanna get there kids a cheap phone that will just work
Na,
I don't think so. I mean after the experience you will get with this device.... You will not want Android as much, which is usual if you have a crab phone.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Its this kind of phone that gives android a bad name and makes people want to get an iphone

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Yup. Yea looking at the specs, Moto just said the hell with this .....unless this will be considered a regular cellphone.

I cant see them making this a smartphone.

yahwarrior

Reaction score
This has got to be for prepaid. You'll see it at a Kmart near you soon.

cpjr

Reaction score
And its funny to think the specs on this phone are leaps over anything that was out say.....3 years ago. Wow we've come along way lately.

ocdtrekkie

Reaction score
I think when someone buys this, they'll know upfront it's not a high-end phone. I suspect it'll be sold at a very low price point, and hopefully be a great offering to people who can't afford to make the trek into the high end phone market.

Might contribute a little bit to Android sales overall, if it's priced really low. I mean, people know that when something's dirt cheap, it's not *meant* to compete with an iPhone.

everstar80

Reaction score
The specifications alone are so archaic and just terrible. Why even put something out like this. Maybe it is for (and please take no offense to the demographics I am referring) to elder customers or tweens that need devices that are current but not extensive in their program capabilities for lack of knowledge about os used by current customers that vary in age. So maybe this was a smart move by Motorola . I do like the round edges of the phone but that's it.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I see this as the phone parents will get kids when they add them onto their accounts. FOr the adult Android user, its not good enough, but for a kid, it's better than a normal phone.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Why does Motorola eve waste their time developing crap...... It's like they have a lousy development team that works when they're high, and then they have the Droid development team that's fresh out of college, and paid modestly... To be honest I am a little iffy on trusting Motorola with something like my phone, but here I am with a Droid X.....

Pandemic187

Reaction score
And its funny to think the specs on this phone are leaps over anything that was out say.....3 years ago. Wow we've come along way lately.
Think again. These specs are only slightly better than those of the HTC Touch, which was released just over 3 years ago:

HTC Touch (CDMA) / XV6900 Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

This phone has to be less than $50 - but honestly I think it might be free with a contract.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Specs are lower than even the LG Ally.

Prob for pre-paid, or for the extremely low-end front, like the Jitterbug version of Android, for old people.

That IS the beauty of Android, you can make it to fit any phone I guess.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
This has got to be for prepaid. You'll see it at a Kmart near you soon.

Even if it's prepaid, the specs are a bit low-end. Not that it's a high-end device, but the Samsung Intercept for Virgin Mobile has much better specs than this device. At least the Intercept has a somewhat reasonable 800MHz processor; and from what i've read a somewhat decent amount of RAM and ROM. If you're on prepaid, the Intercept seems like a much better deal to me.