Well she finally died

evltwn72

Reaction score
I feel your pain too, my OG Droid back button stopped working after just a small drop onto the carpet, and then my touch screen went completely crazy. I had the extended warranty through VZW too, but didn't want to get a refurbished phone. I did upgrade to the DX and love it. Used Z4root to root it and have just left it stock with root. Tomorrow marks 1 month with my DX and I'm totally in love with this phone. Best phone you can buy imho.

cbux5000

Reaction score
This exact same thing just happened to me. Backlight died for no apparent reason. I wasn't paying for insurance...went to Verizon and they told me my only option was a certified pre-owned Droid for $289. I activated an old phone instead...am really stuck with this feature phone for 6 months unless I shell out $300+?

en28so

Reaction score
This exact same thing just happened to me. Backlight died for no apparent reason. I wasn't paying for insurance...went to Verizon and they told me my only option was a certified pre-owned Droid for $289. I activated an old phone instead...am really stuck with this feature phone for 6 months unless I shell out $300+?
Why don't you buy a used droid from ebay? You could find one pretty cheap.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Why don't you buy a used droid from ebay? You could find one pretty cheap.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Yeah, eBay so at least you have some measure of protection. Do not get one with a bad ESN unless you intend to use it for parts.

Even then, most likely it's stolen or was reported stolen.

Jambanc

Reaction score
Sorry 4 ur loss mine is just over a year old 2 and I'm wondering what the insurance will send me if I suffered a loss. did u get ur dx through insurance? Cuz that would b sweet! But I will never forget this baby though! She fights the good fight!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
R

roflcopters

Reaction score
No, not through insurance. I couldn't wait until next week for my phone to come in(Happened Thursday night, and because of the holiday weekend wouldn't have shipped until Monday) so I used my annual upgrade. Now all I gotta do is send in my rebate and wait for the Thunderbolt!

Iowa

Reaction score
I will light a candle for your loss..............let us not forget!

Jambanc

Reaction score
O well that kinda sucks but at least u didn't have 2 go the holidays witout a phone though I think that would have sucked worse did u happen 2 ask what u would have gotten through insurance if u would have chosen 2 go that route?

Iowa

Reaction score
O well that kinda sucks but at least u didn't have 2 go the holidays witout a phone though I think that would have sucked worse did u happen 2 ask what u would have gotten through insurance if u would have chosen 2 go that route?

They would have sent him a refurbished OG probably.

Jambanc

Reaction score
Ok so much 4 wishful thinking it might b a dx thankx anyways