Rooted D2 goes into Airplane mode by itself........?

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on why this D2 goes into airplane mode by itself. It was rooted yesterday, shortly after root all data connection was severed and it wouldn't place calls, texts, or 3G. Normal methods to deactivate Airplane mode would not work.

I restarted the phone.......no luck. Battery pull.......no luck. So I finally restored it from the last backup and got it working (this was yesterday). Today, the same thing all over again.

Any help would be very appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sent from Droid2

OP
elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Yes, it said it was a successful root. I have all SU permissions but out of nowhere the phone looses its data connection. I press the power button and says Airplane mode is On, press on it to turn it off and it does nothing. Going into settings is also useless.

Quick question, if I wait for the newest update.....will that unroot the phone and essentially clean the slate?

And the rooting method was the 1 2 3.
Sent from Droid2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
boot into recovery and do a wipe aka factory reset.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If that does not fix it then you could have a hardware problem. If that is the case get a warranty replacement.

OP
elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
boot into recovery and do a wipe aka factory reset.

How exactly should I go about that process? Forgive me for the newb question but I don't want to brick the phone days after receiving it.

And if it successful (wipe), will it go back to stock and no root?

Sent from Droid2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Before you start make sure you remember your google login username and password that you used to set up your phone.

You are going to power off. Power on while holding the x key. Push the seach button on your physical keyboard to get you to the stock recovery screen. Scroll to wipe data/factory reset and click. After it is done click reboot.

To unroot: open terminal emulator an input the following:

- you should see a $ symbol, now do the following
- su
- now you should see a # symbol
- mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
- rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
- rm /system/bin/su
* rm /system/bin/busybox
- mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
- reboot your phone.

or use the super one click program here:

[APP]SuperOneClick v1.5.1 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code) - xda-developers

OP
elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks again, I'll be sure to report back with the reults.

Sent from Droid2

crome1115

Reaction score
ok i had this same problem with my d2 after rooting it.. stock worked fine. found it was the themes i was using.. ive read where people say the themes dont do anything but skin the device.. i call bull****. cause it was just fresh after my root and i was using (without knowing) deodexed themes on a rooted odexed device.. yes the wrong themes with the wrong rom will mess up certain functions on the device. such as in your case putting it in airplane mode.. or pandora not working or beautiful widgets not working properly ( not showing temp or time.)..all this i experience thru trial and error with trying different themes on different roms.. now i WAS using fission 1.0 which seems to be the best one ive found.. with nextheme.. have tried later versions up to 2.0 and works for the most part.. havent tried all apps yet but my bootstrap no longer goes into recover mode with fission 2.0.. i have to power down the device with the power button to get it to recovery mode..before with fission 1.0 i could just press boot strap recov and reboot recov but now and ive tried this with all later verisons of fission after 1.0 it does nothing until i manually press down the power button... was thinking of going back to 1.0 but think im gonna go back to epic 2.5 as 928 black glass is my favorite theme...