Phone doesnt turn off after battery dying

John Gi

Reaction score
Yesterday i flashed the miui/ics rom, so i wanted to see how long the battery would last, well it lasted roughly about 10 hrs, moderate to heavy usage. So, i let the battery die.

nd now when i connect the phone to the charger,
the charging port light comes on, nd it gets to bootloop nd then the screen goes blank,
nd it stays black, i tried to do soft reset it, nd battery pull

can anyone help me out?
thanks in advance
-johngi

lizard

Reaction score
If you run it dead, plug the charger in and leave it alone for a while before you try turning it on. Or is it turning on and bootlooping itself?

havens1515

Reaction score
If you run it dead, plug the charger in and leave it alone for a while before you try turning it on. Or is it turning on and bootlooping itself?

Most ROMs will not allow for charging while off, unless it's a blur ROM. CM7 literally just got the ability to charge while off a couple days ago, but most builds out now don't have that built in yet.

I would say make sure that it's charging from a wall plug, not USB or a car plug. If you can get it into the OS, don't do anything for a while, and turn off the screen ASAP to let it get an initial charge. If that doesn't work, you may need to find someone else with a D2 or a D2G with a ROM capable of charging while off (like stock) and put the battery in their phone to get it an initial charge.