Well it's January 11....

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i just want that new home (launcher2). i HAD put it on (which is what ruined me) but it didn't run very smooth imo so i uninstalled it. i loved it tho and want it back!!! i know it's coming ..sometime....i was just hoping it was today

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i just want that new home (launcher2). i HAD put it on (which is what ruined me) but it didn't run very smooth imo so i uninstalled it. i loved it tho and want it back!!! i know it's coming ..sometime....i was just hoping it was today
I've kept the new Launcher. Quirks and all... it's so nice :)

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some day my update will come
Some day we'll get 2.1
And so long, this hastle will go
To be happy forever I know

Some day before spring is here
We'll find our love anew
And the birds will sing
And cell phones will ring
Some day when my dreams come true

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First of all, there's going to be a maintenance update first, then the 2.1 release. The maintenance release hasn't come out yet either.

If anyone ever had a Blackberry Storm and went over to Crackberry waiting for the next leaked o.s., you've already learned patience.

So, why isn't it here? :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some day we'll get 2.1

We'll find our love anew
And the birds will sing

I didn't know 640k could sing! It's amazing what you find out about people on these boards.:biggrin:

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Some day we'll get 2.1

We'll find our love anew
And the birds will sing

omgosh lol!! i think you need to add a verse where i win the lottery :D

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First of all, there's going to be a maintenance update first, then the 2.1 release. The maintenance release hasn't come out yet either.

If anyone ever had a Blackberry Storm and went over to Crackberry waiting for the next leaked o.s., you've already learned patience.

I've come to realize leaks are meant for plumbers and diapers to worry about... not my phone :icon_ banana:

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I've come to realize leaks are meant for plumbers and diapers to worry about... not my phone :icon_ banana:

leaks and cracks!!

myriad46

Reaction score
I'd be interested to know if anyone that forced the 2.0.1 update (not rooted) gets the sanctioned Jan 22nd maintenance update and/or 2.1 update. I am assuming the forced version will be available, anyway, but just curious.

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know if anyone that forced the 2.0.1 update (not rooted) gets the sanctioned Jan 22nd maintenance update and/or 2.1 update. I am assuming the forced version will be available, anyway, but just curious.

i'm rooted and have the forced 2.0.1 but i was under the impression that the ota updates weren't blocked unless you renamed the otacerts file :icon_eek: please tell me i'm right

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you did the manual update of 2.0.1, you will still get the OTA update. This has been discussed many times, it's only when you root your phone that this becomes an issue.:)

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

If you did the manual update of 2.0.1, you will still get the OTA update. This has been discussed many times, it's only when you root your phone that this becomes an issue.:)

ok but i thought even though i'm rooted i'd still get the ota update if i didn't rename that otacert file.:icon_eek:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

ok but i thought even though i'm rooted i'd still get the ota update if i didn't rename that otacert file.:icon_eek:

I've never rooted my phone, so I don't know anything other then what I've read here. If you've read that not renaming that file will still give you the OTA updates then I would believe that to be true. I wasn't aware of it until I read your post.