OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Very tempting, I looked at it on Best Buy this morning and they have 3 in stock at my local store. Very tempting at that price. But I think I'll wait until May and see what the 4a XL has to offer and what the price is. If I can wait that long.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

May will be here before you know it...good game plan ...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I played around with a video about the pixel 4XL as it literally speaks to the feel for Google and the pixel is because of the device itself.

In one way I love my pixel, especially this time of year, but at other times Google frustrates me.

Congrats on the pixel 4

The reason I'm loving the pixel right now is because of this android R.

8709ec3e27d9a07e1a08c7fb7b55b5d4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I played around with a video about the pixel 4XL as it literally speaks to the feel for Google and the pixel is because of the device itself.

In one way I love my pixel, especially this time of year, but at other times Google frustrates me.

Congrats on the pixel 4

The reason I'm loving the pixel right now is because of this android R.

8709ec3e27d9a07e1a08c7fb7b55b5d4.jpg

Haha love it ...great video ..so true on many levels ...it's a great performing phone at the end of the day ... especially good to wait on Pixels till price drops ....I'm skipping beta 11 not seeing anything I really need to disrupt my daily driver ..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I kept the 2XL, but the screen is cracked and the lower left corner of the frame also. It was going to cost $200 to fix it. I put that towards what I still owed on it. And got the 4XL instead. The 4 was on sale for $300 off, so I bought it. Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
How has your battery life been so far? I have seen a lot of reviews about bad battery life on the 4, but not much about the 4XL. And I trust a regular users opinion & experience more than s me of the paid tech reviewers. Does it last all day with normal usage?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Battery for me has been just fine .. I can get around 4,5 to 5 hrs SOT maybe a little more depending.. TBH I'd rather bump charge it while at work .. charges fast and wireless too ... and I don't worry about using it ..It's no Note + in battery but definitely good enough ... It seems the more you use it the better it gets .. I had like one day was really bad don't know if other factors played into it ...signal strength has been excellent above other phones I've tested ... I'm a steady user so lots of YouTube.. maps on commute to work and back with Waze running together ... music while at gym and during breaks during day ... Lots of emails and notifications are non stop .. social media and forums ... I don't turn off the gestures it has with Soli although I wish they were better .. right now basic stuff not really anything useful to me ... Overall I would recommend the XL with if you getting a good deal they are floating around .. original price I would not pay IMO

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I've only had my 4xl for a few weeks, but battery life has been fine. Very happy with the phone so far.

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've only had my 4xl for a few weeks, but battery life has been fine. Very happy with the phone so far.

It's definitely a solid performing device.. quick at everything.. I keep it at 90hz all the time too I failed to mention earlier ... I just rather enjoy the phone ... you can't always go by all them reviews ... and there is always something about using stock Google that just works ... Call screening and all the ease of use interaction with daily usage ...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been running Android 11 everyday since I posted the screenshot above and it has been surprisingly stable. Now is it a software that screams "new software", nope. But hey it's not bootlooping, the battery life seems better (but that could be because I factory wiped my phone installing this and did no reinstall all my apps just the basics), and I'm literally typing on it now and it don't feel like an alpha or a beta. In fact, if someone told me this was a final build I would not be mad, well except the fact it doesn't have a lot of new features on it.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I run the 90hrtz full time also. Very fast and smooth.

Caelan Beake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 2
I’m an Android user ever since because of it’s convenience and battery life. But I have never used Pixel before. I have used Asus, Lenovo and Samsung. I am thinking of switching to Pixel but I am still indecisive about it. Would anyone recommend that I try Pixel or should I stick with my old brands?

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm on my 2nd Pixel, now with the 4XL. I'm a former Moto guy. Very pleased with the 4XL.

R

RETG

Bee a moto person for many years, switch to LG G7 last year cause Moto appears, to me, to be ok but phones are cheap. Had a S20+ for a day and sent it back since it wold not register my right thumb print. Got the 4XL and so far after a week, I like it. Good battery life, great screen fast and I also have it set to 90hz. But might not be for everyone. It isn't small, but I have large hands so easy to operate with one hand. And I really like the facial recognition and it works every time.

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Bee a moto person for many years, switch to LG G7 last year cause Moto appears, to me, to be ok but phones are cheap. Had a S20+ for a day and sent it back since it wold not register my right thumb print. Got the 4XL and so far after a week, I like it. Good battery life, great screen fast and I also have it set to 90hz. But might not be for everyone. It isn't small, but I have large hands so easy to operate with one hand. And I really like the facial recognition and it works every time.
Congrats ! I think it's a great phone and super smooth ..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well...I did it. I jumped on the Pixel wagon. . I found a deal on a Pixel 4XL for a great price and bought it. I have been contemplating buying a Pixel for a few years. I'm still getting it all setup & updated, but really liking it so far. More to follow later, I'm sure.
c2e41597cf37908578e6898790e33b31.jpg