Weird problem!

Wadman

Reaction score
So my wife has an OG Droid and is having an issue that has the Verizon techs baffled ansmd has thrown me for a loop as well. Last Sunday my wife had a text message show up in her sent text message box. There was a text sent from her phone bit the number next to the message was not hers. I can understand her recieving a text from an odd number but to have one sent from her phone from a different number is weird to say the least! Has anyone else heard of this or know what is going on? I called tech support and after being on the line for about an hour the tech told me that he was baffled. Did a factory reset....and reprogrammed her phone..then today she received another message in her sent box.....any help would be awesome. I have heard of apps like evil operator and such, biut nothing like this. Thanks in advance for any help...

hyperlite456

Reaction score
OG droid as in original? sorry i don't come on the forums too often anymore. I understand that gmail has a inbox and outbox for the messages you sent.. but text??? uhh..

does she use the stock text program? Did she physically text herself, then it just showed up with a different number? or is the message random?

To me it sounds like she clearly got a text from someone else. Maybe I read it wrong though.

OP
Wadman

Wadman

Reaction score
She uses handcacent SMS and yes OG is original. She isn't sending a text. These messages are just showing up as a sent message with a different number beside the message. These are random in nature and only show up every once in a while. Pretty much its as if someone is sending text messages using her number bit they are showing up as a sent text on her phone.....

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
She uses handcacent SMS and yes OG is original. She isn't sending a text. These messages are just showing up as a sent message with a different number beside the message. These are random in nature and only show up every once in a while. Pretty much its as if someone is sending text messages using her number bit they are showing up as a sent text on her phone.....
Look in the stock messaging app, Does the same problem occur their to?

hyperlite456

Reaction score
i haven't used handcent in a while, but for Stock texting, ALL messages will say "sent: " next to them. No matter if it's from another person sending her the text or her sending out a text. Once the text is received, "send: march 10" or 4 minutes or whatever the date may be.

OP
Wadman

Wadman

Reaction score
Sorry for the slow response. I actually fell asleep last night. It is in her stock and handcacent. I go to my verizon and check usage and it is showing up as a sent message from her number, but the other number is there too. I understand that all messages are going to come up as sent, but it is showing up as a sent message not only on her phone, but on our account also. I called Verizon and even the tech guy could see that it was a different number sending messages and it was in fact showing up on her phone. The tech actually referred me to this sight, which I told him I was already a member of, and he said that there are a lot of guys/gals on here that are very tech savvy, especailly when it comes to android powered devices. I searched the internet for maybe an app that could cause this, to no avail. I understand that this sounds crazy....but it is happening and I was just hoping that someone out there had had this issue as well. The last message read..."Good grief...It took me a while to figure out what that was..haha..too funny!" Which really made me think that someone was playing a prank using my wifes number. It isn't a big deal, just kind of a pain in the butt.....