Can someone explain to me why I get an "Auto Message" after I text someone?

SweetMelissa

Reaction score
Ok, I don't have a droid, lol. But the person i am trying to get a hold of has a Droid X. She's my best friend and i loaned her 700 dollars 2 weeks ago to help with her bills and stuff cause she's having a rough time. Now, when I try to call her, it rings 1-3 times (Mostly 1 1/2 times) then goes to voice mail... If i send her a text, almost right away I get a text back FROM HER saying "I don't want to talk to you now (Auto Message)"

Can someone explain to me what this is? Did she block my number or something? Would it ring and go to voice mail if my number was blocked? And how do I keep getting this "Auto Message" after I text her? is there some sort of setting or something to do that?

I cant believe I gave her 700 dollars and now she'd ignoring me. :icon_evil: But I am curious about this auto message. Does this sound like she blocked me from calling or texting her? Thanks!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Yep....she either blocked you, or all txt completely. But in this case it might be just you. Can you get ahold of her any other way?? Hope it works out. $700 ain't chump change hope you get this resolved.

sent from somewhere...

OP
S

SweetMelissa

Reaction score
Yep....she either blocked you, or all txt completely. But in this case it might be just you. Can you get ahold of her any other way?? Hope it works out. $700 ain't chump change hope you get this resolved.

sent from somewhere...

thanks for the response... so if she blocked me how did she get her phone to send that text to me after i send her a text? is it still possible for her to unblock? and why does is still ring a couple times when i call?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Its an automatic response. You can set it up in the txt messaging app to do that. As for ringing a few times. That's probably to establish your # then it goes straight to VM. You can set that as well.

sent from somewhere...

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
That sux I'm sure if you call private or if you use one of those apps that can show a different number it will go through

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums