i can recieve her text messages, she doesnt recieve mine?? why?

Kancerstick

Reaction score
Okay so this problem has made me incur a huge tirade from my girlfriend.

here is my problem :

i have the droid on verizon, she has the iphone 3g on att.

When she sends me text messages, i can recieve them.

When i send her text messages, she doesnt recieve them.

We didnt find this out until about two days ago after she thought that i was ignoring her for a good month, which i wasnt.

Oh, and she lives in seattle, i live in california. lol, im not sure if that has anything to do with it, but its the only thing that i can see.

All my other contacts can recieve anything i send them.

SO is it my droid or her iphone that is not working?

Diordna

Reaction score
Hasn't happened for awhile now but at least when I sent messages sometimes it would just send stupid blank messages and would piss my GF off as well as me haha
It did that frequently too but haven't seen that happen in awhile.

Idk but Hancent is doing good to me, what are you using?

OP
K

Kancerstick

Reaction score
i am using handscent. along with my droid being rooted.. Bugless beast 7.4 / 950mhz

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Probably the iPhone!!! Lol, I'm not 100% on that. But the iPhone and ATT is known for its dropped calls and problems with texting...

Reaction score
Thats kinda happening to me too. i also call my Boo everynight so she knows im not ignoring her. BUT its odd sometimes she gets them sometime she dosent.... Shes on the new curve with att (weve had nurmous arguments about our phones =p and she normally wins beacouse it usualy ends with a..."Yes dear'..from me) if i send them twice she usualy getts them.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay so this problem has made me incur a huge tirade from my girlfriend.

here is my problem :

i have the droid on verizon, she has the iphone 3g on att.

When she sends me text messages, i can recieve them.

When i send her text messages, she doesnt recieve them.

We didnt find this out until about two days ago after she thought that i was ignoring her for a good month, which i wasnt.

Oh, and she lives in seattle, i live in california. lol, im not sure if that has anything to do with it, but its the only thing that i can see.

All my other contacts can recieve anything i send them.

SO is it my droid or her iphone that is not working?

Don't you ever see those "There's a map for that" commercials? She's got AT&T. Their coverage sucks.

Briankbl

Reaction score
It would be absolutely HILARIOUS if AT&T was blocking Verizon customer's texts lol! I know they're not, but the fiascoes that keep occurring related to AT&T blocking Android/Google left and right (The two App Store conspiracies) really make you wonder...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I use handcent and text to my friends' iphone on at&t and they get it instantly.

i text mostly to another friend who is on sprint, and she gets it instantly.

sounds like a bad signal or faulty app.

If you're using handcent, reinstall it. If you're not, install Handcent, you won't regret it

HandDroid

Reaction score
My DROID does the same thing. I have no way of knowing which messages are not recieved, until I get some negative feedback.
Def. not the phone for sailors.
:icon_ devil:man and just think, text messaging used to be so simple.

cool username

Reaction score
I have a friend with Verizon and my boyfriend has At&t. My bf has NEVER been able to receive a text from my Verizon friend, on any of his phones. (they've both had multiple phones). But the verizon friend receives my bf's texts. I have verizon and my bf has always received my texts. Its weird.

cisco0910

Reaction score
my gf had an iphone 3gs and without exaggerating we text each other via handcent average of 4000 a month. no issues of us receiving sms. every now and them mms don't show up. it's like hit or miss with mms, about 70% time no mms

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
As a heavy texter, with around 10-15k a month texts(Total, not just sent), I can say the Droid is no different than any other Verizon phone. From experience, about 5% of texts wont make it. However on the Droid unlike other Verizon phones, there is no way to tell. Which is pretty dumb IMO. Thats usually when the gf texts me why am I ignoring her. :icon_ devil:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As a heavy texter, with around 10-15k a month texts(Total, not just sent), I can say the Droid is no different than any other Verizon phone. From experience, about 5% of texts wont make it. However on the Droid unlike other Verizon phones, there is no way to tell. Which is pretty dumb IMO. Thats usually when the gf texts me why am I ignoring her. :icon_ devil:

Well, you really can't tell if someone else gets it on other Verizon phones unless you're texting a Verizon phone. That (d) will show up no matter what it's whether or not your see the (r) that really lets you know if your message was sent.