Weird problem!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Wadman, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Wadman

Wadman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So my wife has an OG Droid and is having an issue that has the Verizon techs baffled ansmd has thrown me for a loop as well. Last Sunday my wife had a text message show up in her sent text message box. There was a text sent from her phone bit the number next to the message was not hers. I can understand her recieving a text from an odd number but to have one sent from her phone from a different number is weird to say the least! Has anyone else heard of this or know what is going on? I called tech support and after being on the line for about an hour the tech told me that he was baffled. Did a factory reset....and reprogrammed her phone..then today she received another message in her sent box.....any help would be awesome. I have heard of apps like evil operator and such, biut nothing like this. Thanks in advance for any help...

2. hyperlite456

hyperlite456 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OG droid as in original? sorry i don't come on the forums too often anymore. I understand that gmail has a inbox and outbox for the messages you sent.. but text??? uhh..

does she use the stock text program? Did she physically text herself, then it just showed up with a different number? or is the message random?

To me it sounds like she clearly got a text from someone else. Maybe I read it wrong though.

3. Wadman

Wadman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    She uses handcacent SMS and yes OG is original. She isn't sending a text. These messages are just showing up as a sent message with a different number beside the message. These are random in nature and only show up every once in a while. Pretty much its as if someone is sending text messages using her number bit they are showing up as a sent text on her phone.....

4. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Look in the stock messaging app, Does the same problem occur their to?

5. hyperlite456

hyperlite456 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i haven't used handcent in a while, but for Stock texting, ALL messages will say "sent: " next to them. No matter if it's from another person sending her the text or her sending out a text. Once the text is received, "send: march 10" or 4 minutes or whatever the date may be.

6. Wadman

Wadman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry for the slow response. I actually fell asleep last night. It is in her stock and handcacent. I go to my verizon and check usage and it is showing up as a sent message from her number, but the other number is there too. I understand that all messages are going to come up as sent, but it is showing up as a sent message not only on her phone, but on our account also. I called Verizon and even the tech guy could see that it was a different number sending messages and it was in fact showing up on her phone. The tech actually referred me to this sight, which I told him I was already a member of, and he said that there are a lot of guys/gals on here that are very tech savvy, especailly when it comes to android powered devices. I searched the internet for maybe an app that could cause this, to no avail. I understand that this sounds crazy....but it is happening and I was just hoping that someone out there had had this issue as well. The last message read..."Good grief...It took me a while to figure out what that was..haha..too funny!" Which really made me think that someone was playing a prank using my wifes number. It isn't a big deal, just kind of a pain in the butt.....

Search tags for this page
an app to send a caller to operator
apps like evil operator for android
evil operator app for iphone#gsc.tab

evil operator text

evil operator texts
i have weird text coming from 4 digit numbers on verizon
is there another app like evil operator
is there another app like evil operator?
strange messages showing up on my text send box
strange text showing up on iphone