weird message on lock screen

evilsock

Reaction score
What I want to know is why this issue is only with d2, is there some exploit that is n d2 that makes it easier to get into? Ponder that.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What I want to know is why this issue is only with d2, is there some exploit that is n d2 that makes it easier to get into? Ponder that.

+1! I've been wondering the same thing! I fixed it on my girl's phone but, have to wonder why it was an issue to begin with..? Never saw a message like the OP had though, just different names and numbers.

evilsock

Reaction score
Someone needs to make a sticky in d2 section to warn new d2 users not to dl this app

pjgeraghty

Reaction score
Granted you were able to remedy the message issue but if it's causing the issue why would you want App on your device?

Seems to be a poorly-implemented feature, rather than a bug. The benefits of a customizable banner display like this are obvious. Unfortunately, the help screens within the program and on their website don't address the issue (at least as far as I could tell).

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Miscellaneous tips for the new Android user:

The phone doesn't need antivirus. There are no known Android viruses!

Don't use a task killer either.

The stock email client is BROKEN.

Pay attention to the privileges you are allowing when installing apps. Why does your wallpaper/ringtone/whatever need access to your contacts, sd card, and the internet. Don't install it!

pjgeraghty

Reaction score
Granted you were able to remedy the message issue but if it's causing the issue why would you want App on your device?

Seems to be a poorly-implemented feature, rather than a bug. The benefits of a customizable banner display like this are obvious. Unfortunately, the help screens within the program and on their website don't address the issue (at least as far as I could tell).
An addendum: the change to the setting for this banner doesn't seem to "stick"--at least not in the free version. I've changed it twice today, but now show "jimmy adama" as the purported owner to the phone.

pjgeraghty

Reaction score

An addendum: the change to the setting for this banner doesn't seem to "stick"--at least not in the free version. I've changed it twice today, but now show "jimmy adama" as the purported owner to the phone.
Yet another addendum...an email to the company got a reply in <10 minutes...they're aware and will release an update in a few days.