So this is probably an easy fix but i cant find it...

cjam93

Reaction score
Ok so I just got a motorola droid. Ive noticed that when the phone is locked sometimes it will show a message that says this phone belongs and then theres a blank. I cant find where im supposed to type my name in so that it will show up on the phone when it is locked. thanks for the help

ShowTime

Reaction score
I've never seen or been able to get my phone to do this. But I've read posts by others with it. I think it's an app you have installed. Do you have any security, virus, or some similar type of app installed?

OP
C

cjam93

Reaction score
Yea I do i have the an app thats just called antivirus. The symbol is a pill. I never noticed it til now but when ever it shows the this phone belongs to message right below it theres another message about the phone being protected by antivirus.

warrior21

Reaction score
Yea I do i have the an app thats just called antivirus. The symbol is a pill. I never noticed it til now but when ever it shows the this phone belongs to message right below it theres another message about the phone being protected by antivirus.
You might want to consider getting rid of the antivirus program. There is no real reason to have one and I've heard it can really drag the OS down

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ShowTime

Reaction score

There's your source. Personally, I'd say ditch the antivirus program. Currently there are zero known viruses for Android. The worst out there right now are apps that spy on certain info, and your antivirus app isn't going to help with that. This isn't to say that an Android virus isn't possible, but it's fairly unlikely and, until one is out there, antivirus programs are a bit of a waste. (and are known to conflict with the phone's functioning and other apps). If you choose to keep the app, there is probably some place in its settings to add your name.