Notification in Lock Screen

Hbronge

Reaction score
Ok so after the Froyo update my messaging kind of got goofed up. I'm a handcent user and hate the default messaging. And I thought I put handcent as my default, but every time I receive texts and lock my screen, when I go to unlock my screen below the date it says for example 5 messages. This only goes away when I check the messages in the default messaging system.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to get rid of it because it is a sight for sore eyes and annoying to check it every time.

FYI I have gone to settings and unchecked auto retrieve and display notifications. I am baffled.

Thanks!

vortxusr

Reaction score
im having the same problem with my lg vortex it is very annoying

OP
H

Hbronge

Reaction score
i know, and I want someone to tell me how to fix it! ha

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Given that you have attempted to turn off text notifications in the default texting app and assuming those settings are correct then maybe something is up with Handcent. Here's something worth trying:

1. Have your phone be sent a couple texts.
  2. Confirm that each of those texts you get double notifications for.
  3. Uninstall Handcent.
  4. Send your phone a couple of texts.
  5. If you get notified recheck your notifications settings and adjust until you get no notifications
  6. Reinstall Handcent
  7. Get sent a couple of texts.
  8. Report back to this thread.

OP
H

Hbronge

Reaction score
Okay that didn't work. I uninstalled handcent and fiddled around with the default messaging but I still ended up getting the notification under the time when i locked my phone. I don't get popup or sound notifications because I unchecked that, and even when I check auto-retrieve it continues to be a bother. Any other suggestions?

Metalwizard

Reaction score
messaging

I am haveing the same issue did you ever get it worked out?

OP
H

Hbronge

Reaction score
Nope, still having the issue. I was hoping the 3.0 update would fix it, but nothing :/

Metalwizard

Reaction score
So what have you done to get around it?

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums

OP
H

Hbronge

Reaction score
Well I have uninstalled handcent and reinstalled it and made it the default. Everything in the default messaging system is unchecked and that's pretty much it. Any suggestions?

Metalwizard

Reaction score
I wish I had one for you. I am new to Droids and its beyond me so far.

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums