Weird film on droid

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
I've had this very weird film that i've just been disregarding for a few weeks if not months by now, have had my droid since launch day and there is this little film like material on the back of the device, when the keyboard is open its behind where the screen is, does anyone know if that can be removed? or if i should just leave it there? may be a dumb question but figured i'd shoot it out and see what people had to say about it.

Reaction score
I've had this very weird film that i've just been disregarding for a few weeks if not months by now, have had my droid since launch day and there is this little film like material on the back of the device, when the keyboard is open its behind where the screen is, does anyone know if that can be removed? or if i should just leave it there? may be a dumb question but figured i'd shoot it out and see what people had to say about it.

This has come up before. On my first Droid I took it off and left it on with my second Droid. I do not think it has any functional use besides a little protection for the slider area.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are a few threads on this.

Anyways, yes, you can remove it, it was there to protect the back of the screen during manufacturing.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
The slider is much better with the film off. It used to be really difficult for me to push the slider up. I was afraid once I took the film off that it would be too easy to slide, so I didn't for the first month of owning the phone. But once I removed it, I definitely preferred it off - it is still not easy to push up and it "clicks" once it is in place. I told all my friends to remove their film and they all liked the slider much better after that.

OP
D

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
The slider is much better with the film off. It used to be really difficult for me to push the slider up. I was afraid once I took the film off that it would be too easy to slide, so I didn't for the first month of owning the phone. But once I removed it, I definitely preferred it off - it is still not easy to push up and it "clicks" once it is in place. I told all my friends to remove their film and they all liked the slider much better after that.

Thanks everyone :) will remove now

Sweettooth

Reaction score
It's funny this got mentioned. I can't stand that film. They put it on all the glossy surfaces now and I'm completely OCD about it. My girlfriend just got a new Gateway laptop and there's TONS of it. She was doing some homework and I kept reaching in to peel it off and she'd slap my hand. I waited a while to remove that piece but every time I'd have the slider open any length of time, I'd always find myself picking at it or peeling it up and then laying it back down.

OP
D

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
It's funny this got mentioned. I can't stand that film. They put it on all the glossy surfaces now and I'm completely OCD about it. My girlfriend just got a new Gateway laptop and there's TONS of it. She was doing some homework and I kept reaching in to peel it off and she'd slap my hand. I waited a while to remove that piece but every time I'd have the slider open any length of time, I'd always find myself picking at it or peeling it up and then laying it back down.

Yeah i think my fiance still has the blue film on her devour even though she got is 2 weeks ago we believe its stuck in the earpiece of the phone and dont wanna dig in there and damage it, its pretty annoying.