Phone acting a little weird

tmacdaman1

Reaction score
Three things that are kind of annoying me right now...

1. My live wallpaper just stops working and disappears and my wallpaper reverts back to what it was before I applied the live one. This just started happening and it keeps happening for no apparent reason.

2. Swype has also been a little weird. When I try to swype, it won't work...but then it also won't let me type letter by letter on the swype keyboard so I have to change my settings back to the android keyboard.

3. Finally, when the swype keyboard acts up, sometimes it also will not allow me to text at all. I will open up a text message thread and tap the box to type my message and the keyboard will not even pop up.

I know it isn't anything to do with a task killer because I checked that and played around with it and it has still happened. I'm thinking it may have to do with handscent for the last two things, not sure why the first thing is happening.

Anybody ever experience any of these things?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First reboot the phone if you haven't done that already. Next do a 30 second battery pull. If you've already tried those steps and that didn't work then do a factory data reset in the privacy section of your settings.

iPirate

Reaction score
#2 and #3 happens to swype after rebooting the phone. happens to everyone I think and is a problem with swype

OP
T

tmacdaman1

Reaction score
Alright thanks a lot, makes me feel better that #2 and 3 are issues with swype. So far issue #1 has stopped, I think that one actually may have been connected to a task killer after all.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks a lot, makes me feel better that #2 and 3 are issues with swype. So far issue #1 has stopped, I think that one actually may have been connected to a task killer after all.

The Swype bug is caused by the application trying to start itself before the o/s has completed its boot sequence. When it (Swype) realizes the o/s is not ready for it, it shuts itself down. As you've discovered, if you start an app that requires text entry and shift to another input method and then back to Swype it starts correctly.

In addition, I believe I've come across an app or two that simply won't work with Swype (probably because they're miscoded to demand the stock keyboard.) You might have encountered that problem with a texting app though I haven't seen that mentioned before.