Weekend Round Up: May is Here

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
0220-floyd-mayweather-manny-pacqiou-marvel-avengers-getty-4.jpg

We will discuss the end of an era in boxing, the beginning of a new era in the NFL, movie talk, and more.

The fight 5 years in the making finally took place last night when Manny Pacquiao fought Floyd Mayweather. Floyd Mayweather went on to defeat Manny Pacquiao in a fight that I would classify more as conservative than entertaining. There was more action outside of the ring leading up to the fight when it became the who's who of attendees. A fight that took 5 years not only failed to live up to expectations but signified the end of an era of big money fights for boxing. An era that saw Sugar Ray Leonard, Ali/Frazier, Foreman, Tyson, Lennox Lewis, Holyfield, and Rocky Marciano ended last night and made way for MMA to take over. With UFC putting on big fights without the long hold up it has easily supplanted boxing as the event to pay money for. To those that paid for the event did you feel like you got your money's worth?

From the fight in the ring to the fight on the screen, the Avengers Age of Ultron is currently playing in theaters and to be honest you will see more of a fight on the big screen between the Avengers and Ultron than what took place last night in the ring. The sequel to the Avengers did not disappoint as the action starts from the moment of the opening credits until the end of the film. Was this better than the first? Depends on who you ask, but definitely had more action and it did not take long to get there. But it also did a good job allowing us to get a deeper look into the characters on screen, was filled with humor, and the fact that it was able to do that without feeling crowded (well until they added the last hero) was a job well done by director Josh Whedon. So if you have not seen the movie it is definitely worth taking the family to see and you can avoid the lines with the Fandango app.

The start of a new era began for both Tampa Bay and Tennessee as they drafted Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota respectively. Both players are expected to make an impact early for their teams and eyes will be on Jameis Winston to see if he can go from crab legs to Pro Bowler or crab legs to bust.

We wrap up this round up with a quick update into what you may have missed.
  • American Pharaoh won the Kentucky Derby
  • Clippers beat the Spurs in Basketball
  • Rangers beat the Capitols in Hockey
  • Yanks beat Boston in MLB
After an exhausting weekend we know you just cant wait to hit the bed (or couch) but on your way there how about a nightcap of Game of Thrones as the HBO series continue tonight at 9.

Last edited:

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Awesome write up as usual!!! We are going to see Avengers tomorrow after dinner....I CAN NOT WAIT!!! I wasn't to concerned with the fight but I do need to get caught up on the draft. I hope everyone has a great Monday tomorrow and a wonderful week!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Great write up PC747!
I would point out that anyone interested in downloading the Fandango app to PLEASE read their privacy link. It's extremely long & filled with a lot of confusing legal mumbo jumbo, but point is, the private information of yours they give to third parties is quite scary, so just keep that in mind if that's a concern to you.
As always, just my 2 cents.

S5 tap'n