Weak voice calls....

DrChris502

Reaction score
I have had the Motorola Droid for Verizon since the day it was released. I have had several people complain about not being able to hear me very well. Has anyone else had this problem?

INFERNO

Reaction score
I had the same problem until I calibrated the signal. I forgot what to call its like *228 or something
They call it prl.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
It isn't calibrating and may or may not help. The PRL is the preferred roaming list, ie the towers you bounce off of. *228 option 2 updates this. If you have a case on your droid it could be interfering with the mic. How you hold it could effect this too. Sometimes you're in a poor reception area and you can't do anything about it.

clemarr

Reaction score
I am having the Sam's problem. People I talked to tell me I sound like I am in a well and sometimes I am breaking up. I called my answering machine and left a message and it does sound bad. I called Verizon and they told me to pull the battery. But that did not help. I live about a quarter of a mile from a tower and have a full signal...

mwinne

Reaction score
I was having that problem too, and then I found out the Vgirl put the cover on wrong, so the mic hole was covered up. If you have a case check the top piece to make sure it is lined up right.

INFERNO

Reaction score
It isn't calibrating and may or may not help. The PRL is the preferred roaming list, ie the towers you bounce off of. *228 option 2 updates this. If you have a case on your droid it could be interfering with the mic. How you hold it could effect this too. Sometimes you're in a poor reception area and you can't do anything about it.

Well whatever it was helped for ME, as I too was getting people saying I sounded muffled and would break up, but at the same time I had full bars and 3g. I tried it on my dads phone and it worked as well.

Dommzyd

Reaction score
I was on the phone last night and had trouble hearing him. Not sure if it was the Droid or whatever phone he was using though. He never mentioned any trouble hearing me.

silverx10

Reaction score
A friend of mine called and told me that I sounded like a robot.

Though my issue turned out to be caused by reception, so... yeah.

jjb2

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my phone and returned it for a new one today. People were complaining they couldn't hear me. I got the phone the day it came out and today was the first time anyone complained. Everyone I talked to today complained about it. I didn't even have a case on my phone.

harlock

Reaction score
Hate to add fuel to the fire, but the first call I made to my folks (NC-NY) my mom said the connection was bad, and that it was never that bad - this is b4 she even knew I had a new phone. This never happened with my enV. I haven't really used it much as a phone phone - do sooo much texting it's crazy. We'll see just how good/bad it turns out to be.