Can't make outgoing calls

azneelys

Reaction score
Recently purchased Motorola Droid. Live in AZ but work in AK. Was able to make calls but now I can't. When I attempt to make a call it says to "press *67 or *69 and while call is in process, dial complete number" then it disconnects. Has anyone else had this happen? I can however still receive incoming calls. Very aggrevating. Everyone else up here that has the Droid has never had any problems what-so-ever. HELP!

omnicious

Reaction score
Can't get much simpler than the title. My phone can receive calls but I can't make a call to save my life. Anybody got any suggestions or at least know of this happening before so I don't feel alone? I have tried pulling and replacing the battery as well as a hard reset. I have not rooted and have updated to the latest firmware.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'd say this is one of those things covered by your 30 day initial period. I'd swing by the nearest store and ask them what's up with the phone. Good chance you'll be walking out the door with a new replacement one.

The hard reset was the factory reset?

ChugIt

Reaction score
I'd say this is one of those things covered by your 30 day initial period. I'd swing by the nearest store and ask them what's up with the phone. Good chance you'll be walking out the door with a new replacement one.

This is about all you can do. Within 30 days = new X, not a refurbished one.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

This is about all you can do. Within 30 days = new X, not a refurbished one.

With the shortages and all I wonder if they keep some on hand, brand new, not for sale, for these type of issues.

Let us know how you make out omnicious.

omnicious

Reaction score
Just one more question then. I ordered from Wirefly. If I go into a retail Verizon store would they help/replace my phone or would they tell me to go back to Wirefly?

And yes the hard reset was the factory reset (one that involves a triangle).

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think Verizon cares who you got the phone through. Wirefly sold it on their behalf. The monthly phone bill is what is paying for the majority of the actual phone's cost. I don't think I'd bother even mentioning it though:)