Weak speaker volume

FrankJNatoli

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Have four year old Droid Turbo. Speaker volume getting weak. Main volume control set to MAX. Sound control for media volume set to MAX. Figured it was dying speaker. But just noticed that when I plug in an external speaker, its volume is also weak. So something within the phone itself is deciding to reduce volume. What might that be?

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Auto volume warning that pops up may have limited your speaker level....the one that warns against listening with headphones at high levels. Not a cure, but a thought.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
F

FrankJNatoli

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Auto volume warning that pops up may have limited your speaker level....the one that warns against listening with headphones at high levels. Not a cure, but a thought.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I vaguely recall seeing such a warning. But how do I undo whatever it did?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. I'm working on my second turbo. Have a brand new one waiting for me to get off my lazy butt and activate it. The sound level only gets worse until you can't here anything. Currently I can barely hear it ring or notifications but I can still converse on the phone side.

OP
F

FrankJNatoli

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Welcome to the club. I'm working on my second turbo. Have a brand new one waiting for me to get off my lazy butt and activate it. The sound level only gets worse until you can't here anything. Currently I can barely hear it ring or notifications but I can still converse on the phone side.
Well, I guess misery loves companions!
If I have any music playing in the car, I can't hear the phone ring.
If I'm cycling in the morning, phone in the back of my jersey, can't hear the ring over low level road noise.
Girlfriend has an iPhone 8 whose speaker volume could wake the dead.
But I DESPISE Apple.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I love the phone. Just hate the bigger is better mentality of the manufacturers. The silver lining is the new phones don't cost nearly as much as the current hyperbole units. Can't remember what I just paid for a brand new Turbo a month ago. Might one day rip off the back of one of my old ones and replace the speaker module, 7 bucks on eBay. Or buy work shirts with bigger pockets.