Volume Suddenly Really Quiet

kenji91

Reaction score
Yesterday, my D4 started to be way quieter than it used to be. All my volumes are set to max and it's still very quiet. I noticed that all of the sounds were coming out of the earpiece and not the speaker. Anyone ever experience this?

WickedWayz

Reaction score
My sounds are fine but I dropped my phone couple months back and the sound from my earpiece is very low. It a inconvenience at times but i usually have my phone on speaker, Bluetooth or plugged in on the audio jack.

MoonScar119

Reaction score
My sounds are fine but I dropped my phone couple months back and the sound from my earpiece is very low. It a inconvenience at times but i usually have my phone on speaker, Bluetooth or plugged in on the audio jack.
your speaker probably broke. mine did the same. you can get a replacement online for $10.00. i think i got mine from cellphonedoctor.com

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
your speaker probably broke. mine did the same. you can get a replacement online for $10.00. i think i got mine from cellphonedoctor.com

A reboot fixed the issue. For whatever reason, all the sound was coming out of the ear piece instead of the speaker.

Prodiem

Reaction score
I have had this issue more than a few times, both stock and Eclipse, rebooting is the only fix. Usually it is after the following conditions, which I encounter frequently.

Disconnecting Bluetooth after taking a call while listening to music, either by walking out of range (Car) or disabling Bluetooth on the phone. Couple of times, I now Turn off the Bluetooth Adapter.
Notification comes in while listening to music over wired headphones that do not have a mic. (no problems with a mic.)
Switching from Speakerphone call to YouTube or other video service, and they ended the call, but only when Bluetooth is enabled and not connected, but was connected sometime that day.

It feels as if I properly turn off the Bluetooth handset, then disable Bluetooth, this and a few other audio oddities, are minimized.

I have also more commonly ran into the issue where Bluetooth A2DP audio is muted, and volume control only controls internal speaker (no Bluetooth icon). The quick fix was to delve into the Sound properties and change the volume there, otherwise, reboot.

I also want to say, that I have never had this problem with the nicer Bluetooth audio devices, only the cheap ones. Never had problems with Jambox, but always have problems with the cheap Bluetooth to FM transmitter in the car.

I also note that I have completely different issues with CM 10.X series, But again, problems mostly with the Cheap devices and fewer with the "nice" ones.

A reboot fixed the issue. For whatever reason, all the sound was coming out of the ear piece instead of the speaker.