Weak Phone reception in my area

joezek

Reaction score
I live in an area where my phone barely gets a signal. When looking on the antenna map I can see that I'm exactly the same distance from two different towers, both towers are fully at the end of their range. The phone is non-stop switching between the towers, and I get constant dropped calls. If I go in a room where the computer is turned on then the phone gets no connection at all. Basically I have to stand out in the street to talk on my phone at home.....

I've tried all the *228 nonsense with no luck. I had much worse reception with my HTC incredible pos, but this reception is still not acceptable.

Is there a ROM update for my phones antenna/radio? Are there any settings I can try differently? I don't want to have to purchase a home antenna extender, but that may be the only thing I can do.

The only phone I've owned that works at my house is the original Moto Droid. It had a crystal clear signal and no dropped calls. Unfortunately it's too big and clunky because of the slide out keyboard.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I live in an area where my phone barely gets a signal. When looking on the antenna map I can see that I'm exactly the same distance from two different towers, both towers are fully at the end of their range. The phone is non-stop switching between the towers, and I get constant dropped calls. If I go in a room where the computer is turned on then the phone gets no connection at all. Basically I have to stand out in the street to talk on my phone at home.....

I've tried all the *228 nonsense with no luck. I had much worse reception with my HTC incredible pos, but this reception is still not acceptable.

Is there a ROM update for my phones antenna/radio? Are there any settings I can try differently? I don't want to have to purchase a home antenna extender, but that may be the only thing I can do.

The only phone I've owned that works at my house is the original Moto Droid. It had a crystal clear signal and no dropped calls. Unfortunately it's too big and clunky because of the slide out keyboard.

Call Verizon and explain the situation to them. Ask them what kind of deal you can get for an extender. It plugs into a wall outlet and amplifies the signal.

onsht1kll

Reaction score
It also has to plug into your high speed internet to route calls and SMS through .. believe it still doesn't do data yet but should help with the calls .. I'd give them a call and see why they can do

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
joezek

joezek

Reaction score
I've asked them for help several times. They actually don't care at ALL. I'm kind of pissed off and disgusted with Verizon's lack of concern. They will NOT offer any sort of deal on the extender, I've tried from all different angles including getting tech support to ask for me. They said they would make a note on their system so that a driver could driver around my neighborhood and see what kind of signal is present.

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
verizon said i have week signal in my area due to being "exactly equidistant from 3 towers." it took 2 weeks of vans driving around to figure this out. the best they could offer me was a month of free data and 50% off (retail 250) an in-home network extender. You could at least get to them give you that much.

xan

Reaction score
I hear (from a friendly VRZ CS rep)they have to let you out of the early termination contract if you move to an area that has no service.

Wrap your phone in tinfoil for a week, and then tell them you cant get any signal at home anymore. -Who know's? Its worth a shot.