Way To Back Up Gmail Contacts + Images?

phaze3131

Reaction score
Hey guys I am just really fed up of losing my gmail contacts from the so called "sync" so I need a way to backup my gmail contacts and pictures does anyone know a way?

thanks!

DayDay

Reaction score
Download mIQ Live. It's Free and you can backup your whole phone, if you want, and sync form a online page only you can see. Very Easy app to use.

m:IQ

EbE404

Reaction score
Hey guys I am just really fed up of losing my gmail contacts from the so called "sync" so I need a way to backup my gmail contacts and pictures does anyone know a way?

thanks!

Something doesn't sound right if you keep losing your contacts, can you clarify exactly what is going on?

Here's what I do. I have my Google contacts set up, and I have it set to sync with the Address Book app on both of my Macs, then onto the Droid of course.

I run a manual sync between Google and the Address Books, that way I always have an updated copy of all of my contacts in multiple places in case one of them takes a dive, and each time I sync, I get notified of any conflicts that might pop up, so I can make sure that everything gets updated and is current. This takes care of information as well as photos.

OP
P

phaze3131

Reaction score

thanks!

Something doesn't sound right if you keep losing your contacts, can you clarify exactly what is going on?

Here's what I do. I have my Google contacts set up, and I have it set to sync with the Address Book app on both of my Macs, then onto the Droid of course.

I run a manual sync between Google and the Address Books, that way I always have an updated copy of all of my contacts in multiple places in case one of them takes a dive, and each time I sync, I get notified of any conflicts that might pop up, so I can make sure that everything gets updated and is current. This takes care of information as well as photos.

What Address Book app? this sounds like a viable solution...

thanks

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Address book is a Mac application not an Android app.

I am curious what is causing you to lose your contacts. That really should not occur.

Do you notice doing something that causes them to disappear?

Mike

harrellj

Reaction score
If you go to google.com/contacts, what do you see? And did you change display settings for your contacts in the phone?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

EbE404

Reaction score

I am curious what is causing you to lose your contacts. That really should not occur.

Mike

Correct. Depending on what you use to manage your contacts on your PC, there will be options for that, a search can point you in the right direction of how to set that up.

However, Mike is correct-something sounds amiss that you keep losing the contacts. Any more info you can provide for us?

solar

Reaction score
Yeah, you shouldnt loose you contacts if you have the checkmark to have the google servers backup your data. You can also use MyBackupPro to backup those things, but it still makes me wonder what going on with your contacts. Its supposed to be automatic.

OP
P

phaze3131

Reaction score

Mike

Happened a few times before after a wipe and ROM update, then it "syncs" my non existent phone contacts with all my online gmail ones and in turn it erased everything online in order to match my phone.

yea my backup pro has saved me before.