WaveSecure

Ken Adair

Reaction score
It could possibly be due to a data connectivity issue. I'd be more than happy to watch the logs if you try again. Typically it connects on the first try. If you continue to have issues please create a post at Mobile Defense and I will help you personally.

Best Regards,

Ken Adair
Mobile Defense
https://www.mobiledefense.com

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry between the SMS's and the lack of connectivity and the fact I already have WaveSecure I uninstalled it.

I'm sure it's great but I don't need multiple applications like this when if it's stolen I'm sure the cops won't go after it anyway.

It could possibly be due to a data connectivity issue. I'd be more than happy to watch the logs if you try again. Typically it connects on the first try. If you continue to have issues please create a post at Mobile Defense and I will help you personally.

Best Regards,

Ken Adair
Mobile Defense

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Best Regards,

Ken Adair
Mobile Defense
Well, I am not amused. I installed the program, registered online, connected successfully to the phone, got the text message to go to the phone, successfully sent a lock message...guess what? I can't get reconnected to unlock the phone. I tried several times to connect with no luck. FInally I tried to uninstall this off my phone, but every time I power cycle the phone, it says my phone is locked....great. I'm in a very angry mood right now because I guess my next step is to reset to factory defaults.

Edit: It looks like Mobile Defense is off the phone, but when I power up, I keep getting the flash screen showing it's locked. After several attempts to get past the screen I finally can get through, but the program apparently isn't completely uninstalled. I just can't believe this.

Ken Adair

Reaction score
Sounds like this would be easy to resolve. Unfortunately, I can't troubleshoot it here. If you'd like some help please send me your information via PM or post in our support forum.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like this would be easy to resolve. Unfortunately, I can't troubleshoot it here. If you'd like some help please send me your information via PM or post in our support forum.
Ken,

I sent you a PM. I included my cell phone number in that PM. I am off to bed it's well after midnight. When I boot, I'm getting the flash screen. It appears the program is uninstalled. When I boot up, I get that screen still that says its locked. How can I get rid of that? If you have any answers, please PM me back and hope the phone does it's job and wakes me up in time tomorrow without something crazy happening because of installing this program. I never dreamed I'd be installing the program, giving it the lock command then failure to unlock. Now I'm probably going to have to reset the Droid and hope it resolves the issues. I looked on my SD card and don't see anything pertaining to this program.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just so everyone is aware, I was just getting ready to go to bed last night when my problem started with the program. It is more frustration on my part and want you to know Ken has been wonderful behind the scenes trying to help me resolve my remaining issue which is the splash screen that shows the phone is locked. You can't ask for a nicer more concerned developer to work with. I truly wasn't trying to bash his product - it was my frustrations at the end of the night when I wrote the posts. My phone works fine sans the splash screen which I know how to get around for now and Ken will be working with me to fix that part.

adam8ch

Reaction score
Just hopped on the thread after trying Wavesecure out for awhile. Maybe Mobile Defense should get its own thread? Its a bit confusing.

Anywho, regarding Wavesecure. The remote tracking and locking works great. If someone steals my phone I hope they're dumb enough to leave it on.

Steve H

Reaction score
Just went to the wavesecure web site. It does not show the Moto Droid as a supported phone..................

cheewee

Reaction score
Just went to the wavesecure web site. It does not show the Moto Droid as a supported phone..................

Hi Steve,
WaveSecure supports Moto Droid. you can refer to the change log for more information.

Thanks for your feedback. We acknowledge our site can be improved and we're working hard on the revamp. We hope to launch it in a few weeks time.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
You know, we can backup video and pictures, so why not audio files?

Would be nice to backup any audio files (like my custom ringtone files etc).

cheewee

Reaction score

BostonBill

Reaction score
There is an update for wavesecure. I downloaded it and now can't sign into their website nor will it accept my pin on the droid itself. Not sure what is going on but think I should just uninstall it before it gives me any more grief.
Big ups for the Wavesecure Support Team. Not only did they reset my pin they apologized for taking a couple of days to respond to my problem. This for a free service. Thanks for your help Deepak!