WaveSecure

ldimick

Reaction score
OK I am curious too. Any pattern? Are you sure the 13 weren't just changes from a previous backup?

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
This app has got to be hammering my battery. Since installing it 3 hours ago, my battery went from 70% to 15%. Yes I have been using the phone a little but normally by now I'd still have 50% left. I always make it through a work day with 30% or so left.

themans23

Reaction score
OK I am curious too. Any pattern? Are you sure the 13 weren't just changes from a previous backup?

No, i havent added any contacts since my last gmail backup, the only thing i have done in my contact list (i think it was done after i last back it up) was join some contacts that didnt join when i synced my facebook. but i know some of the 13 it backed up I have not changed at all since i got my phone and first backed it up. There are some totally random contacts that it chose too, so it wouldnt be the most recent people i have talked to or anything like that.

themans23

Reaction score
This app has got to be hammering my battery. Since installing it 3 hours ago, my battery went from 70% to 15%. Yes I have been using the phone a little but normally by now I'd still have 50% left. I always make it through a work day with 30% or so left.

I havent noticed any change in battery use... i downloaded it about 4 hours ago and no real change....

coondogg97

Reaction score

I havent noticed any change in battery use... i downloaded it about 4 hours ago and no real change....

I have had it on my phone for a few days and haven't had any issues with it draining power either.

pdpotter

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed WaveSecure, but was unable to unlock the phone (yes, I had to hear the alarm) remotely. After several tries, I got it unlocked from the phone, but now I need to know why, when I clicked "Unlock," at wavesecure.com, I was unable to unlock the phone remotely.

Any help?

bodean

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed WaveSecure, but was unable to unlock the phone (yes, I had to hear the alarm) remotely. After several tries, I got it unlocked from the phone, but now I need to know why, when I clicked "Unlock," at wavesecure.com, I was unable to unlock the phone remotely.

Any help?

Beta I suppose.

cheewee

Reaction score

Any help?
Hi pdpotter,
Do you have text messaging enabled? The server communicates with the client/phone via text messages so you need that service.

Thanks,
Chee Wee
Team WaveSecure

leeches

Reaction score
I tried the alarm on this the other day and my cat flipped. She seriously came after me like I was trying to kill her young. I haven't been that scared in a long time and yes my life is lame.

KCW

Reaction score
Its a great application for locking and wiping your phone, but I would use Google to backup your information. If you go to the devs website, you will see that your data is backed up to China. Nothing against the Chinese, but I don't want my data there.

cheewee

Reaction score
Hi all,
If you are facing issues with WaveSecure, please make sure you update it to the latest build. We've addressed most issues on Droid (see change log at Android change log) and it should be working fine.

If you are facing problems, please contact our support team at support [a] wavesecure.com.

Lastly, if you like our product, do join us on Facebook at WaveSecure | Facebook.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure\
WaveSecure - Anti-theft and security software for Symbian, Android and Windows Mobile

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
My experience was that the unlock/lock feature via their website does nto work well. When trying to use the website to lock my phone, it usually took a long time for the phone to actually lock. Sometimes it wouldn't lock until the phone was restarted. By the time the phone actually locks, the person who stole it will have already gotten any information he needed.

Also, WaveSecure is a monthly subscription for other phones, and as soon as this comes out of BETA it will almost certainly cost money. So because its not working good (terrible issues and delays with remote operations) and because they plan on locking me out unless I pay them money in the future, I uninstalled this thing.

I also noticed you can't backup your videos online through the website. You can only backup videos using the app on the phone. What good does that do me if the phone is stolen?

So yeah, don't be surprised if one day you go to login and it tells you to pay some hefty subscription.

coondogg97

Reaction score
Also, WaveSecure is a monthly subscription for other phones, and as soon as this comes out of BETA it will almost certainly cost money. So because its not working good (terrible issues and delays with remote operations) and because they plan on locking me out unless I pay them money in the future, I uninstalled this thing.

So yeah, don't be surprised if one day you go to login and it tells you to pay some hefty subscription.

This comes directly from the apps "help" section:

This is a FREE forever beta version of WaveSecure. Please send us suggestions, feedback and bug reports to Customer Feedback & Ideas for WaveSecure so that we can make WaveSecure better! NOTE: We may charge for WaveSecure in the future but if you have downloaded WaveSecure before we start charging WaveSecure will remain free forever for you.
Take that for what it's worth.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
I'm not so sure I trust them. they made sure to stick the "forever beta version" in there.

Could just mean beta users will get left in the dust when the full version is released.

Its something to consider though. It still needs a lot of work to be useful in my opinion. The remote locking/unlocking is pretty buggy. Sometimes it doesn't work at all, while other times it takes a considerable amount of time to actually lock/unlock via remote command.