Mobile Defense

Reaction score
Just tried this app out and just wanted to share how awesome it is. Basically, you install it, create an account, and then the app disappears. After that, you can go on their website and it will send a text message to the phone. Give it about a minute and it will show exactly where your phone is. You can then lock the phone, send an alert to it (which by the way sounds like a house alarm haha) and have a little message popup. Best of all, it's free. Don't want to make this sound like an advertisement or anything, but if I ever get my phone stolen, I'm gonna have lots of fun messing with the little thieves :D:motdroidhoriz:

Edit: Wow, now I'm looking at a bunch of similar apps. Lookout, Wavesecure. Which one do you guys like the best? Why?

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I use Mobile Defense as well...Does what its suppose to...

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I installed it a while back. The location of my phone was about a half mile off. I was afraid to LOCK it. Can I just unlock it then? I wanted to try it out, but didn't want to screw up my phone.

metasin

Reaction score
I tried it out and locked it. You can unlock it from the app. The interesting thing is I did not have a lock pattern set so not sure if it would even have been possible to unlock from the phone. Made me wonder if I ever forgot my pattern if I could use this program to turn it off.

daddyd302

Reaction score
I'm not too sure on this program. I have it installed and it's ok, not that accurate. It's a few hundred feet off where I was. It's worse on wi-fi, where it a few blocks off. One thing is, you can reset the phone and the app is useless. I'll use it while it's still in beta and free, but I doubt I'm gonna buy it if they charge for it.

DroidxRage

Reaction score
I use wavesecure, switched from mobile defense

Seemed to work better IMO, and if you download before 1/31/10 the service is free for the life of your device. For downloads after 1/31, there will be some kind of pricing attached to the service apparently.

Last edited:

Buckweat

Reaction score
Mobile Defense Is awesome! If you turn on your gps youll have pin point accuracy. gps doesnt drain the battery. It is only used when using google maps and such. Unlike 3g or cellular networks (which are always looking for towers). I was able to zoom into the back of my house where i was. Also if you didnt know you can have a pattern phone lock. One more step to keep people out of your info. If you are having battery issues try Advance Task Killer. Its super easy to use and youll surprised how many tasks are running in the background. Works wonders

narkicu187

Reaction score
I to have WaveSecure. Have yet to try Mobile Defense but I like being able to lock phone and also activate alarm from computer.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
WaveSecure seemed great, except for the part where we're charged with international text rates. Better than a $600 cell phone, but if you're like me and you like to play, then it adds up pretty quickly.

EDIT: After extensive playing with both (experiments in the neighborhood with some kids over the last hour), I've decided to stick with MD over WaveSecure. MD seems MUCH more accurate, and I dont have to think about people in Singapore having access to my contact information.

Last edited:

Buckweat

Reaction score
oh but you can! even WIPE your device remotely from a computer.

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
I use both for different purposes. I use Mobile Defense for any tracking and locking security issues. I use Wave Secure for the sole purpose of backing up sms.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use both for different purposes. I use Mobile Defense for any tracking and locking security issues. I use Wave Secure for the sole purpose of backing up sms.

I went with MyBackupPro for this one -- it's $4, but I can schedule it to backup automatically.

Either way, MD works really well.