Wave Secure, a Big Joke!

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by erikfig, Jun 26, 2010.

1. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It also doesn't do any good if the battery is removed. :icon_rolleyes:

No solution is going to cover ever possibility. With any type of security, whether it's your smartphone, home, car, whatever, you need to layer security for effectiveness.

Sure you can. Any app can be refunded in the first 24 hours. Only one time though. Subsequent purchases are nonrefundable.

It, as with any location-aware app, is as accurate as it can be. If it's not accurate then it can't get a GPS fix for whatever reason (GPS off, other issue, etc) and you need to address the reason. It's not the app.

2. nphil

nphil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess you missed the sarcasm takeshi.

3. sic0048

sic0048 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The point he is trying to make is not that the app needs to be reinstalled when it is reset. Rather, all a person has to do is perform a factory reset after they find/steal your phone to make all the "protections" offered with Wave Security totally erased and totally ineffective.

I could see it being helpful if you "misplace" your phone to be able to know where you left it. But it isn't going help you if someone steals your phone.

Just my opinion.

4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    I do 5 maybe 6 a week, still no problems with the app.
    It does as advertised.

5. nphil

nphil Member

Ratings:
    +0
  6. tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur Member

Ratings:
    +1
    you could always use mobile defense its not in the market anymore but you can get it from their site for free and install as a system app

7. Varking

Varking Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You could use Lookout Mobile Security which is FREE and in the Market for download. Has more than 250,000 downloads and a 4.5/5 star rating. Most of the comments are very positive about this application.

WaveSecure Mobile Security is FREE during its 7-day trial if you didn't already have it when it was in testing. It doesn't have as many downloads or nearly as many ratings as Lookout Mobile Security but this is a FREE TRIAL. If you don't like it you can always uninstall it and find something more suitable to you.

Mobile Defense isn't a Beta program but it is currently closed down and in Closed Beta while they prepare for a new launch of their product. It is a great program and works really well but unless you had already downloaded it you will not be able to register the application. People who already have it will experience no hiccups in their normal routine.

8. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't think the op bothered to read the wavesecure website which addressed all of his [non]issues. But I got mine free for life so what do I know

9. ipawd1

ipawd1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ...My Wavesecure wont resotre my texts at all. Like something HAS to give. I've tried for like 5 days.

10. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Personally, I'm appalled that Wave Secure forced the OP to pay $20 for an app he doesn't know how to use. Something MUST BE DONE!

11. ipawd1

ipawd1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It seems to not even WORK on my device (2.2) anymore. It did, but doesnt even ATTEMPT to finish restoring texts. Soon as I get the texts BACk..I'm uninstalling.

12. siggy_freud

siggy_freud Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2.2 JUST came out (and is not even out yet for most Android phones). Give it some time. If you're using a device that isn't running the official 2.2, then shame on you for complaining early :).