Wave Secure, a Big Joke!

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
you could always use mobile defense its not in the market anymore but you can get it from their site for free and install as a system app

Varking

Reaction score
You could use Lookout Mobile Security which is FREE and in the Market for download. Has more than 250,000 downloads and a 4.5/5 star rating. Most of the comments are very positive about this application.

WaveSecure Mobile Security is FREE during its 7-day trial if you didn't already have it when it was in testing. It doesn't have as many downloads or nearly as many ratings as Lookout Mobile Security but this is a FREE TRIAL. If you don't like it you can always uninstall it and find something more suitable to you.

Mobile Defense isn't a Beta program but it is currently closed down and in Closed Beta while they prepare for a new launch of their product. It is a great program and works really well but unless you had already downloaded it you will not be able to register the application. People who already have it will experience no hiccups in their normal routine.

pyro6128

Reaction score

ipawd1

Reaction score
...My Wavesecure wont resotre my texts at all. Like something HAS to give. I've tried for like 5 days.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'm appalled that Wave Secure forced the OP to pay $20 for an app he doesn't know how to use. Something MUST BE DONE!

ipawd1

Reaction score
It seems to not even WORK on my device (2.2) anymore. It did, but doesnt even ATTEMPT to finish restoring texts. Soon as I get the texts BACk..I'm uninstalling.

siggy_freud

Reaction score
2.2 JUST came out (and is not even out yet for most Android phones). Give it some time. If you're using a device that isn't running the official 2.2, then shame on you for complaining early :).

jmims

Reaction score
As long as you install this as a system app, and you don't flash any new ROMs, this will survive a hard reset; as with Mobile Defense. If you lose your phone, by the off chance, chances are the person who finds it will no nothing about flashing and ROMs and the like, and will think a simple reset will do the trick.

J

Johnly

idk, but thanks OP, just because everyone else has chimed in, I bet only 10% paid up....good looking out...

jettrue

Reaction score
It was worth the money to me, got my phone back

and saved a LOAD of cash.

I dropped my phone on a walk, someone took it, freaked out when I locked it, left a message saying "thanks for finding my phone, please call xxx-xxxx) and set the alarm (which sounds like a woman screaming), and they then dropped it in a nearby field, where a nice good samaratin heard it screaming, found it, and returned it to me!

I'm also pretty sure who originally took it (GPS pointing to their house originally), though I will never confront them, doesn't matter now the phone is back. :icon_ banana:

Without it, I bet I'd never have seen it again.