Wave Secure, a Big Joke!

erikfig

Reaction score
Ok,

So it's $20 bucks on the market, WTF???

Wave Secure does not survive after a Factory Reset (tested).:icon_eek:

The phone tacking location is not accurate at all!!

BLAHH!!!! $20 Bucks for that WTF??

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Works here for my droid.

nphil

Reaction score
inorite??! It's not like i can return the app and get my money back or anything, I'm forced to buy this stupid app that works just fine for everyone else!!!!11 one

Also, it's not like I should move the app to /system or anything for it to survive a factory reset, screw reading what's on the website lolz!!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I uninstalled every one of these types of programs months ago. They aren't worth anything free.

eliassami5

Reaction score
wave secure is the best security program out on the market right now IMO. And SSH u obviously have no idea of how useful this app is. I downloaded it when they were still in beta so i got a free lifetime membership with them. The remote lock feature is great, works flawlessly, remote wipe is great. GPS locating is accurate within 5 meters for me. This program is invaluable for when you do eventually loose your phone, an average joe wont know how to reset the phone, and by then you can get to a comp and lock the phone down and do a data wipe if you have to. Their website ineterface is great and especially easy to use on a mobile device..i dont know what people can be complaining about.

Oh and BTW you can return any app within 24hrs for a full refund

OP
E

erikfig

Reaction score
LOL!! You only like it because you got it for free.. I like free stuff too! If you lost your phone you lost it, PERIOD! There's many way to get through Wave Secure, so don't tell me I don't now how useful it is. If they give me a free subscription I will love it too. But in reality it is a waste of money... You know it! :)

eliassami5

Reaction score
lol ok kid..its a solid app and i dont know if its worth 20 bucks but it works perfectly for me. What exactly are you complaining about anyway? And when you loose a phone you just loose it?? are you kidding me?

FDFTW!!

Reaction score
You do know that even if you do a factory reset, you can download ANY app that you've paid for from the Market over and over again to infinity, right? If not, you fail. Apps and download history etc.. are SAVED WITH YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wave Secure does not survive after a Factory Reset (tested).
It also doesn't do any good if the battery is removed. :icon_rolleyes:

No solution is going to cover ever possibility. With any type of security, whether it's your smartphone, home, car, whatever, you need to layer security for effectiveness.

It's not like i can return the app and get my money back or anything
Sure you can. Any app can be refunded in the first 24 hours. Only one time though. Subsequent purchases are nonrefundable.

The phone tacking location is not accurate at all!!
It, as with any location-aware app, is as accurate as it can be. If it's not accurate then it can't get a GPS fix for whatever reason (GPS off, other issue, etc) and you need to address the reason. It's not the app.

sic0048

Reaction score
You do know that even if you do a factory reset, you can download ANY app that you've paid for from the Market over and over again to infinity, right? If not, you fail. Apps and download history etc.. are SAVED WITH YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT.

The point he is trying to make is not that the app needs to be reinstalled when it is reset. Rather, all a person has to do is perform a factory reset after they find/steal your phone to make all the "protections" offered with Wave Security totally erased and totally ineffective.

I could see it being helpful if you "misplace" your phone to be able to know where you left it. But it isn't going help you if someone steals your phone.

Just my opinion.