Watching (listening) to video while driving.

wil318466

Reaction score
Anyone have any issues while watching youtube videos, or TED videos while driving?

It seems when standing still, everything works perfectly, 3g connection is perfect... but if I'm driving at say 40 MPH and above, video will pause/stop constantly. Anyone have any ideas on how to "fix" this? Is it because of the movement?

kirra27

Reaction score
You know they put all the TED videos in weekly podcasts you can listen to right? That may be an option worth checking out. Not sure what to say about your issue otherwise though. :)

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
dang, and here I thought you were asking for a bug fix, not preaching from a moral high horse.

no, I don't have any fixes. you stream acts up on me the same times. I use it to listen to the youstream broadcast of Lex and Terry in my jeep through my handsfree earpiece, when my radio isn't loud enough at 65 mph and no doors. So I would appreciate a fix, as well, since I'm listening to stuff, not watching

OP
W

wil318466

Reaction score
I don't watch the video while driving, obviously I listen to it. lol

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I don't watch the video while driving, obviously I listen to it. lol

Pauses are more than likely being caused from switching cell towers as you drive.

OP
W

wil318466

Reaction score
You know they put all the TED videos in weekly podcasts you can listen to right? That may be an option worth checking out. Not sure what to say about your issue otherwise though. :)

How do you do this with podcasts? I've actually never used them.

ScottBDroid

Reaction score
As someone else said, because of the tower switching.

Similar to the reason why HDTV doesn't work well as a mobile unit I think.