Has anyone been pulled over for watching football while driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylo77

Reaction score
I think if I or worse yet, my wife and kids got hit by someone that was watching a football game on their phone while driving I'd probably go postal on them. It's bad enough we have inconsiderate slobs texting while driving. I don't care how good of a driver you think you are, things happen very fast...in an instant your life can change. Screw the legal ramifications...just don't do it.

rbw62

Reaction score
Amen....someone did not stop and pulled in front of me, no time to hit brakes, rolled over 4 times.
Point is things happen very quickly in a car, and the faster you go, the less reaction time you have. It is no fun laying in icu with tubes in every place in your body for 2 weeks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Talking on a cellphone isnt illegal here....i dont live in a nannystate. And honking a horn at someone on a cellphone is road rage.....its purpose is to make ot where the person on the phone cant hear and why? Because he has appointed himself the selfproclaimed cellphone while driving poljce? Laughable at best considering hes making the roadway much more dangerous trying to make a point than some schmiluck texting or talking on the cell.

And good luck proving im watching football after a fender bender because the home button quickly erases any proof and im not telling you what i was doing.

I will put my 25 years of no tickets or wrecks on the line and say i can handle multitasking while driving. Glancing at my gps, my looney tunes or my messages is no different than adjusting my climate while driving. Are you going to go postal on me for hitting your wife and kids because i was too hot and turned on my ac too?

The biggest distraction in a car is not cellphones or the radio or windshiled wipers....its other people in the car. So until you ban passengers from riding with you.... good luck on getting me to stop using my cellphone.

Grr....i feel i would just go postal on someone if they hit my wife and kids when they were talking to there passenger..... :rolleyes:

sent from my droid x while driving.....thank you tapatalk for making this possible

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I will put my 25 years of no tickets or wrecks on the line and say i can handle multitasking while driving.

For now , cause when it happens it only happens once and you won't have a chance to tell us about it cause you'll probably be paralyzed or dead . Facts have proven over and over that distracted drivers are the top cause of car accidents . Are you some kind of super-human above the rest of us ?

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Facts have also proven that its passengers....not cell phones that are the most distracting. Especially children in the back seat.

So i'll make you a deal.....you quit driving your kids around endangering me as you are looking up in the mirror telling them to keep their hands to themselves or you'll pull this car right over, and ill put down my cell phone.

sent from my droid x while driving.....thank you tapatalk for making this possible

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Facts have also proven that its passengers....not cell phones that are the most distracting. Especially children in the back seat.

So i'll make you a deal.....you quit driving your kids around endangering me as you are looking up in the mirror telling them to keep their hands to themselves or you'll pull this car right over, and ill put down my cell phone.

Man I really think I need my eyes examined after today.. when I first read that I thought you said "not cell phones that are the most distracting. Especially chicken in the back seat."

making appointment tomorrow...

nikecar

Reaction score
Keep pants on ppl. I only tried it because it happens to be free this month and watching a live game on my phone is new to me. Wondered what it would be like. Turns out, the quality for the audio only stream is MUCH better.

Playing Russian roulette is new to me also, but I won't try it.

It's illegal to have a video in front seats in Florida

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

And where do these supposed "facts" come from that prove passengers and children are the most distracting while driving? You can talk to your children and people in the car while still watching the road and hands on steering wheel. Watching an NFL game takes your eyes off the road. You want to tout facts as your excuse then go to ntsb or dot websites. Accidents caused by using a cell phone happen everyday.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Correction, go to the nhtsa or dot website for your "facts"

GeLopez

Reaction score
here in Arlington they just made it illegal to text, email, play games or use other applications on a phone while driving. it doesn't say watching nfl games specifically but i believe it applies. Also this law mentions texting while at a red light.

Arlington Texting While Driving Ban Debated

this ban has already passed as of today sep 14 2011

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
And where do these supposed "facts" come from that prove passengers and children are the most distracting while driving? You can talk to your children and people in the car while still watching the road and hands on steering wheel. Watching an NFL game takes your eyes off the road. You want to tout facts as your excuse then go to ntsb or dot websites. Accidents caused by using a cell phone happen everyday.

http://m.whatcar.com/car-news/kids-are-drivers-biggest-distraction/225807

Gmmm..that one seems to agree with me that kids are more distracting

This one.....
http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffdl28.htm
Simply lists out all the main distractions, but doesnt rank them.....hoever, again, kids are there. It does say that other teens being in the car is a distraction for teen drivers leading it to be the number 1 cause of death of that age group.....

So there are your facts...... how about instead of kneejerk laws over texting..... you pressure your lawmakers to make teens riding with teens illegal? Or is that not politically correct enough for ya.....

Again....until you stop transporting your kids....im going to use my cell phone as i see fit....

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Kids are drivers' biggest distraction - Car and Car-Buying News - What Car? Mobile

Gmmm..that one seems to agree with me that kids are more distracting

This one.....
Driver Distractions - Don't Be a Statistic
Simply lists out all the main distractions, but doesnt rank them.....hoever, again, kids are there. It does say that other teens being in the car is a distraction for teen drivers leading it to be the number 1 cause of death of that age group.....

So there are your facts...... how about instead of kneejerk laws over texting..... you pressure your lawmakers to make teens riding with teens illegal? Or is that not politically correct enough for ya.....

Again....until you stop transporting your kids....im going to use my cell phone as i see fit....

dude I'm just going to say it, you're being absolutely ridiculous. Do what you want when you drive but no one is above being distracted, from whatever reason, while driving.

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
Well I'm reading these forums while driving, and its in my car dock. Lol FTW

SSX 2.0 and underclocked to 800mhz with ultra low voltages.

Status
Not open for further replies.