vzw whats best for rooting?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
so are the nexus and s3 the same thing? as in 'Samsung Nexus Galaxy SIII'? or am i confusing two phones?
They are two separate and different phones.

the SG3 has Samsung's Touchwiz and is, from what I heard, arguably the best phone on Verizon right now (depending on what you're looking for). You want a phone that can be rooted and ROM'd and the Nexus has the most amount and arguably the best dev support.

That's not saying the Rezound doesn't have a great dev support, but if you want the latest and greatest software FIRST (in this case JB), then the Nexus is the way to go. The Rezound is a great device and it would indeed fit your needs as well, but again, many would agree that the Nexus is THE device for rooting and ROMing.

OP
G

greystoker

Reaction score
Alright, thanks for clearin up the galaxy/nexus thing. Sounds like the Nexus is the phone I'll be going for. The Galaxy S2 is the loaner they always gave me and I hated that thing. Good to know they're 2 different phones.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Alright, thanks for clearin up the galaxy/nexus thing. Sounds like the Nexus is the phone I'll be going for. The Galaxy S2 is the loaner they always gave me and I hated that thing. Good to know they're 2 different phones.
Haha, yeah they're different. The line that Samsung really pushes is the Galaxy Nexus S. This is just the Galaxy Nexus, pure Google experience, well at least the GSM one. As for the Verizon version, thank goodness we got such a great dev community.