VZW Insurance?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it a good idea to get insurance for the droid? I mean...it does cover water damage, replacements etc.

:)
That's a judgment call that you have to make. In all my years of various cell phones and smart phones I've never needed or wanted it. My SO always has insurance. YMMV.

ntimid8r

Reaction score
I had vzw insurance on my last phone (voyager), never had issue and hated the fact I paid $6 every month for it. Although just before I got the Droid....I told verizon there was an issue with the touch screen, so they sent me a new phone free of charge and didn't want my old one in return.

I bought my Droid at Costco because they offer extended warranty coverage longer than the mfg gives you. But it DOESN'T cover lost or stolen. For me, judging by my previous experience with voyager, I opted for no insurance on my Droid as I take very good care of my things. Of course accidents happen and/or theft is always possible....but that's the gamble with insurance....damned if you do, damned if you don't.:rolleyes:

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
if you have renters or home owners insurance, do yourself a favor and check out what they can do for you regarding cell phone insurance.

I have state farm, and i pay $30/year ($2.50/month) for coverage on my droid (and my laptop, and dslr camera). and it will replace without a deductible, damage, loss, theft, pretty much anything short of nuclear war.

Downside, I get a check in several days to a couple weeks instead of a replacement phone. Upside, since im getting a check, I can just go to the verizon store the next day and by a brand new (non refurb) phone of whatever is the current latest and greatest phone, and then wait for the check to reimburse my out of pocket expenses. To give you an idea of why that to me is a huge plus. Verizon is supposed to start rolling out 4g next year right? droid isn't 4g compatable, so if something happened to my phone next year, My insurance would basically pay for me to get the Droid II 4Gs or whatever is the best instead of me just getting a refurb droid back.

ntimid8r

Reaction score
hmmm.....I like this angle. I'll have to talk to my insurance company about what they offer in regards to a mobile device coverage. Definitely cheaper than the vzw $6 a month.
:soapbox: