VZW Insurance?

zmeflyby

Reaction score
Is it a good idea to get insurance for the droid? I mean...it does cover water damage, replacements etc.

:)

bbcrackman

Reaction score
Assurion has increased their deductable amounts but IMO it is a good idea. For 8 bucks a month it could be worth it....

Last edited:

J-Buck

Reaction score
Yes insurance is a must for me. I always get a new phone after a year of my current 2 year contract just so its new an shiney again (refurbished actually) but u get the point. I just make up a bogus internal problem an boom got a new phone. done it 4 times over my time with verizon. i think i get 3 claims every 18 months or something

Signum

Reaction score
Yes insurance is a must for me. I always get a new phone after a year of my current 2 year contract just so its new an shiney again (refurbished actually) but u get the point. I just make up a bogus internal problem an boom got a new phone. done it 4 times over my time with verizon. i think i get 3 claims every 18 months or something

2 claims every 12 months

J-Buck

Reaction score

2 claims every 12 months

Thanks. i knew i messed it up somehow lol

OP
Z

zmeflyby

Reaction score
I know its 2 claims per year, but you still have to pay for replacement. I think its like 89 dollar for each replacement.

BTW, 3 claims for 18 months is correct.

Hazardous

Reaction score
I have NEVER been a fan of insurance; however, the droid is much bigger and bulkier then any other phone I had so I could see the chances of damaging it increasing; not to mention the keyboard sliding has a higher chance of breaking with the "moving parts." With that said I opted to take the insurance for $8 a month.

The salespersons at the VZ store said it's even covered if I lose it, but I'm not convinced she knows what she is talking about. I'll definitly have to confirm before losing it though :)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll give a different Point of view. For me, I never get the insurance. Why? I have never lost or damaged my phone ever. I still have my old Motorola Phone (my first color phone lol, when they first started coming out with colored displays that weren't so expensive) from 10 years ago. I'm really anal about my devices and try to make sure I never put it in a situation that will leave me losing or breaking it.

So I think you should look back at your history, have you ever broken your phone? Have you ever lost your phone/had it stolen? If not, maybe you might not need insurance. But if the likely hood is high, then sure the insurance will definitely be a huge benefit for you!

Zippster

Reaction score
I'll give a different Point of view. For me, I never get the insurance. Why? I have never lost or damaged my phone ever. I still have my old Motorola Phone (my first color phone lol, when they first started coming out with colored displays that weren't so expensive) from 10 years ago. I'm really anal about my devices and try to make sure I never put it in a situation that will leave me losing or breaking it.

So I think you should look back at your history, have you ever broken your phone? Have you ever lost your phone/had it stolen? If not, maybe you might not need insurance. But if the likely hood is high, then sure the insurance will definitely be a huge benefit for you!

I have stacks of my previous phones all in immaculate condition, but liikewise, the stack of them probably doesnt account to the cost of the Droid total, so dont forget to take that into consideration as well and that not everything that happens to your phone is always in your control.

I did purchase the insurance for the first time ever.

tdawg5480

Reaction score
I bought my phone from a franchised store and their insurance cost me 75 bucks for 2 years and my deductible is 75 bucks for a smartphone and I get a NEW not refurb phone overnighted......best of all its in writing :) not much fine print either.

Twoo

Reaction score
I wish people would stop getting all torn up about phone insurance because it's costs $8.00 a month.

I treat phone insurance like health insurance. I doubt I'll need to use it, but it's nice to have- gives me peace of mind incase something does happen.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I'm with JonKyu, I generally take good care of my things, I've never lost or damaged a cell phone, heck, I've got sunglasses that are 20 years old. You can certainly make a good argument that $8/month is a good deal if you smash or lose it but it's a waste if you don't.

I've probably just doomed my Droid :D