VZ Navigator

cece5702

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Verizon charges a fee for using this App? Its located under VCAST and I was told by a Verizon Tech that no fee was involved but when you go through the steps to set it up it mentions a monthly fee.

SallyC

Reaction score
I used it before my DROID RAZR (on a feature phone) and it was $10 /month. It's not as good as Google Maps (using Navigate) which is free. So I just hide it.

djspy

Reaction score
I believe it's $10. I had it on my LG Dare and it is awesome. I can only imagine they've imprved on it. The feature i liked the most was the ability to give you the cheapest gas prices near you. I also found when i started using Google Navigation that its (VZ Navigator) directions were way better. Google would get you to the place (95% of the time) but VZ Navigator's were more accurate and it gave you the quickest less confusing route.

I don't use VZ Navigator now but believe me, if it were free it would be my go to Navigation app.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Yeah mine was hidden too until the Tech at Verizon told me it was free to use. I'm gonna put back in hiding, Lol... Thanks.
I used it before my DROID RAZR (on a feature phone) and it was $10 /month. It's not as good as Google Maps (using Navigate) which is free. So I just hide it.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Double check your bill.. maybe he meant your already subscribe ...

:)

----posted maxx'ed out----

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Double check your bill.. maybe he meant your already subscribe ...

:)

----posted maxx'ed out----

They told me this app was now made available to Verizon customers and no fee no more :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
They told me this app was now made available to Verizon customers and no fee no more :)

For standard version perhaps? Premium features requires a fee it seems:

Rs68Y.jpg

Is the standard free version good enough for daily use?

I love Google Maps personally. ;)

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
For standard version perhaps? Premium features requires a fee it seems:

Rs68Y.jpg

Is the standard free version good enough for daily use?

I love Google Maps personally. ;)

Google maps is just as good in my opinion.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Except google maps doesn't tell you which lane to be in for certain exits, automatic routing around traffic and often gives you the geographically shortest distance to drive but not necessarily the fastest route. It had me weaving back and forth diagonally through a neighborhood full of stop signs when I could have gone 4 blocks to a light and turned and been there MUCH faster.

djspy

Reaction score
Except google maps doesn't tell you which lane to be in for certain exits, automatic routing around traffic and often gives you the geographically shortest distance to drive but not necessarily the fastest route. It had me weaving back and forth diagonally through a neighborhood full of stop signs when I could have gone 4 blocks to a light and turned and been there MUCH faster.

This. VZ Navigator seems more intelligent. too bad it costs $10 a month. hmmm maybe we can do an SQLite hack like mobile hotspot..

vatothe0

Reaction score
I've started using Waze and it seems pretty good as long as you're not stopping a lot in traffic. It seems to get confused and think you're going some other direction frequently.

Kas84

Reaction score
Yes, 10 bones a month it the price for VZ Navigator. I recently cancelled this service and now rely on Google Navigation, which is just as good.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

TheOMB

Reaction score
I think its flipping silly vz even put there nav app on the razr when google maps &nav is free...and works great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums