New NFL Mobile app Available!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's what it says: Exclusive mobile coverage of the NFL only from Verizon: Live audio broadcast of every NFL game, breaking news, Fatasy Player Tracer, game alerts and much more all FREE for the SEASON.

Then it says:

Add V Cast video and get premium NFL Red Zone, 24/7 NFL Network streaming, NFL Films and Live gaves Thursday and Sunday Nights.

That's probably your 10.00 a month there.

Reaction score
They did.

Starting 9/1 (the begining of the season).

What sweethearts. They're gonna give us the thing free for the whole preseason!

Well, Major League Baseball offers a free preview week on MLB Extra Innings on cable and satellite. They do it twice once at the start of the season and once after the all star break. If you like it, you buy it. If you don't think it's worth 10.00 a month then don't buy it At least they give you a preview of what you're going to get for your 10.00.

Can you see live games on it or just listen? If you can see games, it's darn worth the 10.00 a month.

You can see live games on NFLN, plus Sunday Night Football. So every Sunday night and then all the Thursday night games once those start up later in the season. It's not the price tag that's alarming, it's NFL and Verizon going back on what they said at the launch for the app. I guess it's their right to change, but it seems a little underhanded to me to just pretend that your initial press release doesn't exist.

I heard you can stream live audio from any of the games, not sure if that requires the $10 fee as well.

Reaction score
vzw-nfl-mobile1.jpg

Hmmmm.....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the description of the application which i retyped it has the word "Premium" in it. Premium, for those who don't know means you are going to pay for something. lol

Then it proceeds to tell you what you are paying for. Your freebies are listed at the first part of the description of the app.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I would not expect FREE live game streaming. Say what you want about gouging or whatever, but seriously... Verizon would be crazy to just give it away without at least selling vcast subscriptions to offset the massive bandwidth people are going to use watching games.

wolfpack_lamb

Reaction score
I'm trying to view the NFL network on this app but it keeps telling me (ERROR: you appear to be roaming. to avoid excess roaming charges video has been disabled) so i turned off my roaming and its telling me the same error massage. what the heck is going on? i had the old NFL app but lost it does anyone still have it and share it so i could have it? Thanks

I am having this same issue. Are you a former alltel customer? I am a former alltel customer still on my alltel plan but with a Droid and Verizon data service. I had a problem with the first nfl mobile app that they eventually fixed where it would say I needed to be a Verizon subscriber to use the app. This might be something similar.

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
In the description of the application which i retyped it has the word "Premium" in it. Premium, for those who don't know means you are going to pay for something. lol

Then it proceeds to tell you what you are paying for. Your freebies are listed at the first part of the description of the app.

Well the current description DOES say Premium. There's no doubt about that. It's just inconsistent with the description they were singing from the treetops in April. Oh well. Things change I guess.

StingRay

Reaction score
Other threads/forums have mentioned that if you had downloaded the original NFL app prior to 7/22, then you would get the 2010-2011 season videos for free after you upgraded to the new app. Otherwise you would be paying a $10/month fee. I have not found this statement yet on the Verizon page or app page.

My suggestion would be to not remove the original app, but upgrade through that app (i.e. open the original and click on upgrade when it asks). Then install the new NFL app. I had removed the original, but did a restore from Titanium backup, then did the upgrade through the app. If the statement above is accurate, then you should at least get this upcoming season for free. I'm assuming Verizon is doing that to avoid problems with stating that the original would give you free videos through the 2010-2011 season.

Will not pay the $10/month when/if it is necessary....too much going to Verizon already...

EM0112

Reaction score

Well the current description DOES say Premium. There's no doubt about that. It's just inconsistent with the description they were singing from the treetops in April. Oh well. Things change I guess.

I don't know if that's it but I do and always had verizon still don't know why I can see any videos. I wonder if it's because I'm rooted.

trol1374

Reaction score

I don't know if that's it but I do and always had verizon still don't know why I can see any videos. I wonder if it's because I'm rooted.

I to couldn't see the video's. I'm running Cheyno1's rom. I went into the terminal emulator and typed : fixpd . This put the phone back to the "verizon" name which this program requires. Video's work fine now.