VR Discussion

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
gear-vr-vs-daydream-view-9.jpg

I don't quite no where to put this because VR is a growing market that is still in a learning phase. We have many hardware devices that are not all able to utilize the same apps (ie Daydream apps for daydream devices). But as we continue to evolve with the tech I believe we will eventually all move to an industry standard (or at least apps for iOS, Android, and Galaxy phones as Apple and Samsung will want their own exclusive apps). But while we grow I want to start the discussion now.

So what headsets do you have and what apps are you using?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thinking about how this can be a party favor, the problem with VR headsets is that only you can experience it unless its on Playstation VR, which I think seems to be the way to go. What would be cool is if Google integrated the ability to cast your VR experience on tv so others can share and laugh at/with you.

I was playing MLB home run derby game and it was cool trying to knock the ball around. And I was thinking how cool it would be to have some folks hanging around playing a few games. But then I realized that they are experiencing it and you are watching them spin around in circles. But if you could see what they were seeing you could laugh at the fact they are spinning around in circles trying to hit a ball.

I think that is what made the Wii a popular hit. It wasn't that it had the best graphics or game play. It was that you can experience it with friends and family, and around this time of year people will pay for that just to gather around sipping on some spiced cider or cocoa and laughing at each other playing games via VR.

Smith 001

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
I have a Gear VR,but I haven't played it yet.I really don't know how to make it work.haha

kellyon

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy s6
Useful info, tnx. I'm a big fan of gaming, I prefer to play online. Unfortunately, online security and privacy are big issues nowadays. Gamers quite often become a soft target for cyberattacks. That's why additionally I use VPN network to protect my security. It provides a high level of privacy also.

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Useful info, tnx. I'm a big fan of gaming, I prefer to play online. Unfortunately, online security and privacy are big issues nowadays. Gamers quite often become a soft target for cyberattacks. That's why additionally I use VPN network to protect my security. It provides a high level of privacy also.

Mod Note: Unapproved link removed.
Calling BS on gaming using a VPN. You aren't really a gamer if you do. You'd have huge latency with a VPN unless pokemon go is what you're referring to.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who wants to learn how to ride a motorcycle??

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I just ordered one to try out (an inexpensive unit since I'm totally clueless as to which ones are best right now). I'm not expecting much, but I'm hoping for some entertainment for my elderly folks. They are good sports and seem to be enjoying the new gadgetry offered these days. If they can "ride" a roller coaster, or sit on the beach without leaving their kitchen table, that's a win for my parents AND me!
I'm anxious for this technology to take hold. Let's forget about our own entertainment for a moment and think about "where" a bed-ridden patient or other disabled person may be able to "go". To be able to "drive" a race car, "float" around in space, or "tour" Italy seems to be a great gift we'll be able to offer those who are suffering.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the entertainment factor for myself and a quick trip to the beach while living in Ohio.... I'll crank up my electric blanket and pretend I'm laying in the scorching sun. :p

Jane120888

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone X
VCOM has been the leading brand in fields of computer cables & peripherals and mobile accessories ever since 1994.
E-MAIL [email protected]

siya

Reaction score
I always know that the S10 Pro has a stable structure, and the waterproof properties are good. But I'm surprised at the freezing of the NOMU S10 Pro.