voicemail notifications???

GSRswapandslow

Reaction score
so my x2 has never shown that i have a new voicemail. Not in the top bar on the screen, nothing on the main display, and even when i hit the voicemail button it says 0 new voicemails...even if i have 8! I hate to have to randomly call it several times a day to check!

anyone had this issue or know of a solution??

in99flames

Reaction score
ok try this. Call into your voicemail. check your message waiting indicator. This is how you do it:

call *86
enter PIN
go to "personal options"
the first said option should say "to turn message waiting indicator on or off press 1"
After hitting 1, it should say "message waiting indicator <ON or OFF>"

If it says message waiting indicator "OFF" turn it on and your problem is now fixed!! If it is "ON" leave it on and then hang up. If it is ON and you dont get voicemail alerts....well sorry, something else is going on. Try playing powerball, maybe you'll have better luck :)

I hope this helped/fixed it!!

in99flames

Reaction score
I am now at 100 posts. Thank you for making this thread because without this thread.....It might not have been possible or I may have had to wait 5 more minutes to reply to something else. Also, let me know if your issue is fixed :)

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
ok try this. Call into your voicemail. check your message waiting indicator. This is how you do it:

call *86
enter PIN
go to "personal options"
the first said option should say "to turn message waiting indicator on or off press 1"

If it says message waiting indicator "OFF" turn it on and your problem is now fixed!! If it is "ON" leave it on and then hang up. If it is ON and you dont get voicemail alerts....well sorry, something else is going on. Try playing powerball, maybe you'll have better luck :)

Whoa! How'd you know, mine was also 'off'. Sheesh no wonder,,,,Duh
I get the missed call icon but never a message. Thanks!

KimZak

Reaction score
I tried the following below, but it still wont show any notifications, i wen to my voicemail after my friend called and it showed she left no voicemail, but yet when i called it, i have 3 messages...

call *86
enter PIN
go to "personal options"

Reaction score
If the system is already ON, turn it off, hang up, reboot the phone , and then turn it back on and reboot the phone again.

KimZak

Reaction score
If the system is already ON, turn it off, hang up, reboot the phone , and then turn it back on and reboot the phone again.

I have tried all of these, and yet i still have no voicemail notifciation...thinking i have to break down and go to a verizon store...which i dread...
if anyone else can think of something else, please let me know.

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Call Verizon. The reps can actually fix this over the phone, believe it or not. I had a similar issue...

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

MetalWych

Reaction score
Maybe I am thinking in a different direction. But if you set up Google Voice as your voicemail, it will notify you with a text. Plus, with the added benefit of it not costing you any of your minutes to check your voicemail. Well, thats what I do anyway!

ELH

Reaction score
On another note, does anyone know if the X2 will do a voicemail notification beep in addition to the LED. Every other phone I've ever had could be set to beep periodically after a missed voicemail. The X2 only seems to have that LED.

Overdue2go

Reaction score

call *86
enter PIN
go to "personal options"

I followed your instrux. Said indicator "off" . . to turn it on press "1". When I did, it said "sorry, you have to enter a phone number to send messages to" . . . what did I do wrong?