voicemail button on dial screen

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I go to push the voicemail button on the dial screen it shoots me back to the home screen and shuts off service momentarily. At first I thought It might be because I use google voice but then I thought about it again and I don't know that that would cause this. Anyone else experiencing the same problem or have any thoughts?

roboots21

Reaction score
I get the same exact behavior running Epic 2.5 ROM. I wonder if this is a known problem with the 2.2?

cshotter

Reaction score
I don't think that this is an issue with 2.2. I am running Mota-Boy's Clean ROM now and don't have this issue. When I was running Epic 2.5 last week though I did experience that same issue as well. You may also find issues with running Pandora, as I did.

OP
spaz33g

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think that this is an issue with 2.2. I am running Mota-Boy's Clean ROM now and don't have this issue. When I was running Epic 2.5 last week though I did experience that same issue as well. You may also find issues with running Pandora, as I did.

I don't use pandora and I have no rom installed just rooted 2.2 but I just realized why this was happening to me at least and I feel kinda stupid for not realizing it.

After I rooted I downloaded titanium backup and used it to "freeze" all of the blur apps and seeing as I use google voice I also froze the voicemail app because it was constantly running in the background. I unfroze it and now the button no longer misbehaves. Does the epic rom do anything that affects voicemail?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk