Voice to Text Droid Razr

danigail

Reaction score
When I use the voice to text feature I say "send text to (contact name)" and then say my message.

What I get is a text message without any information in the "to" area and then in the message area it has "to (contact name)" and my message. I have followed the directions to the letter. Is there a way to get the phone program to better identify with my voice or something?

Joker

Reaction score
Have you tried just saying "sent text (contact name) (message body)" without the "to"? That has been how I used it and it seems to work for me.

Sent from my Drooiiiid using DroidForums App

authorityseo

Reaction score
I had the same issue and got it figured out. It only took me hours with Verizon tech support which didn't help and they gave me a new phone which didn't help.

The issue is your contacts on your phone are not syncing with Google contacts which is where Google Voice Commands pulls the data from to do your voice commands from.

On your phone when you add contacts from this point on make sure you click the button to have them sync with Google if you want this feature to work.

What I did to fix this is export my contact list to my SD card. Then logged into Google and clicked settings. I then had to click see old version of the display. by the way I can never find anything with this new Google+ display. Then I clicked view data stored on this account. Then I found contacts and clicked manage. Then import contacts and uploaded the file form my SD card. Now all my contacts are in Google contacts and the voice commands work great.

I believe the reason this is that I never chose to have my contacts synced with Google when I first started using my first droid phone which was never an issue until I got the Razr and wanted to start using the voice commands.

T

TheAlpha

I had the same issue and got it figured out. It only took me hours with Verizon tech support which didn't help and they gave me a new phone which didn't help.

The issue is your contacts on your phone are not syncing with Google contacts which is where Google Voice Commands pulls the data from to do your voice commands from.

On your phone when you add contacts from this point on make sure you click the button to have them sync with Google if you want this feature to work.

What I did to fix this is export my contact list to my SD card. Then logged into Google and clicked settings. I then had to click see old version of the display. by the way I can never find anything with this new Google+ display. Then I clicked view data stored on this account. Then I found contacts and clicked manage. Then import contacts and uploaded the file form my SD card. Now all my contacts are in Google contacts and the voice commands work great.

I believe the reason this is that I never chose to have my contacts synced with Google when I first started using my first droid phone which was never an issue until I got the Razr and wanted to start using the voice commands.

Can you explain this to me in steps please

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

GAlba

Reaction score
Setting up Voice Search on Droid Razr

Can you explain this to me in steps please

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

If your service is with Verizon, you can export your contacts to a CSV file right from the Verizon website. Sign in to your account, go to contacts, and look for the export button. No SD card needed. Then sign in to your Google account, go to contacts, and you can import the contacts from the CSV file. Then from your phone, go to home page, then settings, then accounts. Click on the gmail account, put in password and it should sync and add all contacts. Then the voice search will work! amazing! Hope this helps!

ebertsj

Reaction score
For voic to text, call e-mail, etc...need to add names to GOOGLE contacts

When I use the voice to text feature I say "send text to (contact name)" and then say my message.

What I get is a text message without any information in the "to" area and then in the message area it has "to (contact name)" and my message. I have followed the directions to the letter. Is there a way to get the phone program to better identify with my voice or something?

As someone else noted elsewhere, you need to add contacts to GOOGLE (after all, how else can Google continue to "do no evil"!)...that is, I synched my corp account with generic Verizon contacts, and obviously, voice does not "look" there. So, went thru the hassle of "recopying" contacts (did right off PC), and importing to Google, then let phone synch Google account. A "bummer" because right now, I am using Hotmail for better or worse for my private e-mail, and not in a position to move from "monopoly" contender to another...

But bottom line is it works - except where it grabs a HOME phone to send a text to...this is just plain silly...may be a workaround here. When i got my shiny new RAZR a week ago, did not expect to be signing up for a second full-time job figuring this kind of stuff out...am actually on the verge of returning phone due to various other "oops" things (like constantly disappearing Favorite Contacts)...not to mention (known) battery issues...