Voice Action responding poorly - big problem with car dock

videoguy

Reaction score
"Voice Action" has never been very intuitive for me. I just purchased the car dock and it's even a bigger problem. My main concern is with the Call feature which is primarily what I bought the car dock for. When ever I give a call command it searches the internet instead of my contact folder. Other forums have suggested I re-install Voice Action (did that), one forum said I need to sync gmail to contacts (tried that), another said I need to un-sync gmail (tried that). Nothing seems to work. The "Voice Command" app on the other hand seems to work fairly well. Unfortunately with the car dock, "Voice Action" is the app that hooks up with the car dock home page.
The other problem I have with Voice Action is that when I try to send a text message, while it opens the texting app it ALWAYS skips the "To:" field. There again, I've seen many ways to voice the command for a text message and patiently tried them all. I know Voice Action is a slick app when it works. I just can't get it to work.

wheelspinner20

Reaction score
Razor Max no car dock... stock ics 4.0 I think.

Similar issue... plz help. When I say send email to... contact name. It puts a not exact name in the eMESSAGE field and leaves the to: field blank. Same with text function. Useless as it is for that... seems to work great for browser searches. Please help.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to the forums! I do not use voice at all but I am sure there are some that do and that will be able to chime in with some helpful hints. There are also some threads that compare different siri type apps found in play store. One of those may actually work better. If I can find those threads, I will post a link to them.

Edit: Here is one:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/212935-virtual-assistant.html

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Last edited:

wheelspinner20

Reaction score
Thanks Tismy..... I have about 10 minutes worth of Vlingo experience. However, watching the droid how to videos on youtube, its obvious, I shouldnt need an app. like Vlingo or virtual assistant now that I/we have ICS.

Hopefully someone will figure it out, or its a bug in the new O.S. and a patch will be figured out.

EDIT:

For example. I hit the mic next to the google search widget, it looks just like the video. I say..." send text to Andrew Abbott."..., this is one of my contacts, successfully used all the time. Here is a screen cap of what it looks like when it comes up. Again, only in email and text. otherwise voice command seems to act as expected.

It's as if the email and text voice command is not being directed to phone contact list.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Eek, that certainly doesn't work! Videos always make things look a lot better than what they really are. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure the new jelly bean os is supposed to have a much better voice actions app. I wonder if maybe that's what's in the videos?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums