Voice search not working

Mr Steve

Reaction score
Updated Shazam and now the microphone icon doesn't turn white like it did when it registered me speaking before.

Tricorder & phone work fine, so the mic is obviously working.

lyam

Reaction score
I posted in the other thread but not here as I did not suspect Shazaam to be the issue. I have not updated Shazaam with the recent update.

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score
OK here is the latest................not much but at least "they" are working on it.

Verizon tech has bumped the problem up the list. The Verizon tech that I spoke with are having the same problem on their Droids! That combined with the MEID numbers got the ball rolling. They hope to have an answer ASAP. They will call me when they have a fix, hopefully in the next 24 hours.

I will post here when the fix happens.

Mods - If you want to make this a sticky it may help everybody that is having this problem.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
OK here is the latest................not much but at least "they" are working on it.

Verizon tech has bumped the problem up the list. The Verizon tech that I spoke with are having the same problem on their Droids! That combined with the MEID numbers got the ball rolling. They hope to have an answer ASAP. They will call me when they have a fix, hopefully in the next 24 hours.

I will post here when the fix happens.

Mods - If you want to make this a sticky it may help everybody that is having this problem.

Thanks for the update! Hopefully having this issue with their own phones will kick this into high gear!

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'm guessing it has nothing to do with Shazam at this point...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
i'm guessing it has nothing to do with Shazam at this point...

That's the consensus, since Steve never had it in the first place. I get the feeling some people happened to notice it shortly after updating shazam and jumped to conclusions.

mixn123

Reaction score
Mine stopped working and I never had Shazam installed.

bowwowwow

Reaction score
I have Shazam installed. Not updated. My search was not working but full search functionality has been restored.