voice recognition sucks!!!!

rayswift

Reaction score
Everytime I use it, it takes like 3 minutes to find the contact and,sometimes its wrong. Even when I'm saying it clearly. I'd rather tap contacts, scroll then press dial. That is all.

Slntagent

Reaction score
Ya it might be a problem with your mic...i use voice recog all the time and i think its only been wrong once

justbob

Reaction score
Agreed. The voice recognition is really good on my phone. I see there are two possible scenarios:

1. Your phone has a bad microphone.

2. You speak with an accent. I have a friend who is Vietnamese who speaks with a heavy accent and my Droid had a tough time understanding him when he tried the voice search.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Everytime I use it, it takes like 3 minutes to find the contact and,sometimes its wrong. Even when I'm saying it clearly. I'd rather tap contacts, scroll then press dial. That is all.

Are you using the Voice Dialer? Or the Voice Search? The Voice Dialer does, indeed, suck. I use Voice Search -- simply tap it and say "call <name> at home" (or "at mobile" or "at work," or wherever). That works 100% for me. The Voice-Dialer app does NOT work for me very well at all, but the Voice Search works 100% of the time. (The Voice Search is the little microphone on the Google search-bar at the top of the main home-screen, assuming you haven't removed or deleted it.)

jfourman

Reaction score
My Voice Search doesn't return contacts

Are you using the Voice Dialer? Or the Voice Search? The Voice Dialer does, indeed, suck. I use Voice Search -- simply tap it and say "call <name> at home" (or "at mobile" or "at work," or wherever). That works 100% for me. The Voice-Dialer app does NOT work for me very well at all, but the Voice Search works 100% of the time. (The Voice Search is the little microphone on the Google search-bar at the top of the main home-screen, assuming you haven't removed or deleted it.)

Laurence5905:

When I use Voice Search, I don't get any Contacts or other "local" search results returned. My settings for Search > Searchable Items have Contacts, Browser, Apps and Music all checked; but the only thing returned when I say "Call John Doe Mobile" is a Google Internet search. The Google search shows that it recognizes my command perfectly; but does not display any of the items on my phone.

Any suggestions?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Get Voice Dialer HF, FAR superior to the Native Voice Dialer and also gives you voice confirmation of your selection. Instantly recognizes names that the native Voice dialer never recognized.

chart

Hypnotic

Reaction score
I've never had a problem with voice recognition. The only time my droid gets anything I say wrong is when I myself know that it will get it wrong (This is just from me mixing up or misaying the word.)

marcfogel

Reaction score
I have to agree with the OP. I downloaded Voice Dialer HF and it has been working perfectly. I wish the Google App worked as well.

FWIW I had zero problems with the iPhone voice recognition software. I am starting to believe all of Google's stuff is in Beta, which is becoming somewhat annoying.

Guchi

Reaction score
something is off in your phone , mine works perfect

yoopermjm

Reaction score
Voice Recognition is amazing on my droid. I use it all the time and it's correct well over 95% of the time. Something is wrong, but it isn't the voice recognition of the droid.

normbarb

Reaction score
Wow! That is the easiest way to dial. Hit the search icon (bottom right - below screen). Say: "call Mary home" and it connects. Thanks, Norm

sessionthree

Reaction score
When I use Voice Search, I don't get any Contacts or other "local" search results returned. My settings for Search > Searchable Items have Contacts, Browser, Apps and Music all checked; but the only thing returned when I say "Call John Doe Mobile" is a Google Internet search. The Google search shows that it recognizes my command perfectly; but does not display any of the items on my phone.

Any suggestions?

I have this same problem and do not know how to fix it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Any suggestions?

I have this same problem and do not know how to fix it.
Just taking a stab at nothing here...
When you go into the Search settings in the Menu, click on "google search settings" and make sure 'search history' is enabled. Not sure if this will help. Maybe...

Also after setting the searchable items have you down a power down, battery pull, and power on?