Voice Activated Dialing

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by onefastford, Nov 20, 2009.

1. kittycat40

kittycat40 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I finally got the voice dialer/car fxn to go to phone instead of web search but I cannot get either voice dialer or car voice dialer to actually dial-- the closest I can get is a list of contacts that I have to touch choose from and then the phone will confirm and dial.
    ANY TIPS OUT THERE?
    TIA

2. Neurad1

Neurad1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a similar problem...Most of the time only the droid cartoon shows in the contact image placeholder when I use voice dialing (though the correct images show when I touch dial). I actually get my wife's image in the box when I voice dial my daughter. Really screwy. Have you found a solution?

3. bigrhino1

bigrhino1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much!! That worked, finally!! It was so frustraiting because when I first got the phone it was working great, then one day it did'nt! Don't know why. But again, thank you very much!!

4. Vindii

Vindii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For those having trouble with the voice dialing using the search key on the bottom of the phone. I had the same problem. It would only do web searches. First make sure you go to search setting and check everything you want the phone to search. Then go to your gmail page from a PC and go to your contacts. When I first did this my contacts were in either the friends or family section. You need to get your contact in the "All Contacts" section. Should be able to check them all and move them all at once. Once I change that it worked perfect.

5. rmart88

rmart88 Member

Ratings:
    +6

I just long pressed the magnifying glass and spoke "Call Aspen Laisure" and it asked if i want to dial the number or cancel... so it worked for me... i also tried "Dial..." to the same result. and I use "Navigate to...." quite often.

6. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's the key - you HAVE TO LONG PRESS.. Using the word FIND also works well. :) cuskit

7. ian5577

ian5577 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    how to catagorise the contacts created on the phone?

8. irnm8dn

irnm8dn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I too had a problem with the voice activated dialing (VAD) on my Droid.

When I purchased the device, my contacts were transferred from a Blackberry Tour at a Verizon store. VAD worked perfectly. I later experienced a problem with the microphone and and Motorola had me do a factory reset, backup my contacts to my SD card, and my (Firmware was 2.0.1) - that's when I lost my VAD - and the search would only return "Google" results, which included Contacts stored in the phone. (The odd thing is that new contacts added after the factory reset would VAD)

After spending time on the phone with Verizon and Motorola, they recommended I wait until Frimware 2.1 Ver 1. Got new firmware yesterday (4/4/10) and it did not solve the problem. I noticed however online in my Google account (website) my contacts were duplicating 2 and 3 times (not sure why - but I suspect that when Motorola had me complete the reset and import my contacts from the card - Google did not recognize them as duplicates) - The contacts did not appear to be duplicated on the phone itself.

After cleaning up my contacts on the Google website to only a single instance of each contact, I re-synced the phone with Google contacts and it is finally back to normal and VAD is working.

The reason it was not executing the dial was that I essentially had multiple instances of the same contact - and the phone wanted instruction on which to dial. Hint - I also noticed contacts with multiple numbers listed as the same number type (Home, Work, Cell) will not execute a VAD. So, in short, make sure that you only have a single instance of a contact on Google Contacts and the phone - and avoide importing contacts from the SD card too. Also make sure that Contacts are "checked" under Setteings, Search options. Good Luck.

9. irnm8dn

irnm8dn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I too had a problem with the voice activated dialing (VAD) on my Droid.

When I purchased the device, my contacts were transferred from a Blackberry Tour at a Verizon store. VAD worked perfectly. I later experienced a problem with the microphone and and Motorola had me do a factory reset, backup my contacts to my SD card, and my (Firmware was 2.0.1) - that's when I lost my VAD - and the search would only return "Google" results, which included Contacts stored in the phone. (The odd thing is that new contacts added after the factory reset would VAD)

After spending time on the phone with Verizon and Motorola, they recommended I wait until Frimware 2.1 Ver 1. Got new firmware yesterday (4/4/10) and it did not solve the problem. I noticed however online in my Google account (website) my contacts were duplicating 2 and 3 times (not sure why - but I suspect that when Motorola had me complete the reset and import my contacts from the card - Google did not recognize them as duplicates) - The contacts did not appear to be duplicated on the phone itself.

After cleaning up my contacts on the Google website to only a single instance of each contact, I re-synced the phone with Google contacts and it is finally back to normal and VAD is working.

The reason it was not executing the dial was that I essentially had multiple instances of the same contact - and the phone wanted instruction on which to dial. Hint - I also noticed contacts with multiple numbers listed as the same number type (Home, Work, Cell) will not execute a VAD. So, in short, make sure that you only have a single instance of a contact on Google Contacts and the phone - and avoide importing contacts from the SD card too. Also make sure that Contacts are "checked" under Setteings, Search options. Good Luck.

Search tags for this page
android phone voice activated calling
android voice activated calling
android voice activated dialing
how to activate voice dialer android
voice activated call android
voice activated calling

voice activated calling android

voice activated dialing android

voice activated dialing on android phones
voice activated phone calls