Voice Command - out of memory error

razrmaxxuser

Reaction score
i get an out of memory error when i try to use voice commands on my Droid Razr Maxx.

i have troubleshooted with VZW. they had me reset the phone to factory settings and that seemed to do the trick. Then the problem came back. i had this problem on my old droid x and never attacked it. bottom line that without the voice commands working, i would abandon this and dare i say go to an Iphone...

apps i have installed are:
facebook
facebook messenger
key ring
droidlight
google+
fruit ninja free
mapMyRide
Spotify
Opentable
pandora
temple Run

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I am going to go with an app or apps conflicting. I would put my money on Key Ring, Fruit Ninja Free, Spotify, Opentable, or Temple Run, but it could be any combination as well. If the problem wasn't there after the FDR, and is now showing up again it has to be app related.

Try this...http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/200128-accessing-safe-mode-your-razr.html. Running in Safe Mode will allow you to see how the phone acts without any user-installed apps running. If the problem goes away while in Safe Mode, you're pretty much assured it's an app. Next step, delete them one by one till problem is resolved.

OP
R

razrmaxxuser

Reaction score
I should have mentioned that i ran it in safe mode with verizonwireless and still had the issue... i have a replacement on the way.. The curious thing is that i had this issue on my DroidX and never tried to solve for it.... wondering if it is something on the memory card, which i swapped into this unit. I did run it in safe mode with a new clean data card to try and remove all possibilities and still no luck... any other ideas?

OP
R

razrmaxxuser

Reaction score
got a new unit from VZW, only set up my accounts and same problem. So went back to my original unit, reset to factory condition and added accounts, same problem, removed my facebook account, no problem, can now toggle the problem by adding/ removing my GB account... so, what is the deal here? I can't have 3 accounts on the phone? 2 GMAILS, one FB??? i have about 390 contacts in my mail account (maybe it sees more because of all of the hundreds or even thousands of names that have historically been emailed?) and under 400 on facebook... seems like a joke to me... any thoughts?

OP
R

razrmaxxuser

Reaction score
got a new unit from VZW, only set up my accounts and same problem. So went back to my original unit, reset to factory condition and added accounts, same problem, removed my facebook account, no problem, can now toggle the problem by adding/ removing my FB account... so, what is the deal here? I can't have 3 accounts on the phone? 2 GMAILS, one FB??? i have about 390 contacts in my mail account (maybe it sees more because of all of the hundreds or even thousands of names that have historically been emailed? - my work email is hosted by google apps so it is really a gmail account) and under 400 on facebook... seems like a joke to me... any thoughts?

as a summary:
So on my droid X I had a problem where the voice commands never worked, it gets an “out of memory” error with a message to try deleteing some contacts. I never worked on it as I had no time, I have the same problem with my new razr maxx…

Called VZW, Had me reset to factory defaults, and start over and problem still persisted
Next call, they had me start in safe mode, still a problem, so not a conflict of apps which is what I assumed it must have been.

Sent me a new unit, loaded up my accounts (3 google + facebook) and same problem…
I decided to turn off my FB account, and a few minutes later, it works fine, reconnect to fb account and give it a few minutes to load up all contacts and problem exists again.

I have under 500 contacts in my work/ personal email accounts (unless it sees the thousands of people I have emailed via work in the background, remember, my work email is hosted by google apps, so it is essentially a gmail account) I have under 400 friends on FB. Can this device really not handle that many contacts?