Vlingo and hardware keyboard

scion676

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I used to use vlingo with my OF droid and loved the program but one of the main reasons I used it was for the vlingo keyboard which allowed me to talk into any text box such as google voice or google talk. I now have the droid pro for work and as my primary phone and I cannot find for the life of me how to map that hardware Mic button to activate vlingo instead of google voice actions. I found the voice to text translation significantly better with vlingo and that is why I miss using it in most cases. Any ideas on a hack or a workaround?

tappin and a talkin from my droid pro

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got rid of Vlingo. It wouldn't allow me to simply do a voice call by bluetooth. It seems to conflict with Google's voice search and quite honestly I don't see any difference between the two.

Google's voice search may get it wrong once and a while but Vlingo kept fc on me when I would do a voice search. I know what you mean about trying to find a way to pick one or the other, I couldn't figure it out.

Moving this to the apps thread.

OP
S

scion676

Reaction score
I got rid of Vlingo. It wouldn't allow me to simply do a voice call by bluetooth. It seems to conflict with Google's voice search and quite honestly I don't see any difference between the two.

Google's voice search may get it wrong once and a while but Vlingo kept fc on me when I would do a voice search. I know what you mean about trying to find a way to pick one or the other, I couldn't figure it out.

Moving this to the apps thread.

Hey hookbill thx for the response. Yea actually didn't use it that much for activating voice calls by bluetooth. But I did use it a lot for dictating through bluetooth into chat apps like gtalk and whatsapp. And I haven't figured out a way to do that using the Droid Pro yet. The reason I liked it over Gvoice actions is that you can correct individual misdictated words as opposed to resaying the whole phrase. And the translation worked better for me.

Any chance you could move this back to the Dpro forum since I think it has a lot less exposure to Dpro users in the apps thread and the question is Dpro specific?

babrakkarmal

Reaction score
how to

Hi I can’t use my bluetooth with vlingo. can you please help me to uninstall the vlingo and find an alternative program. I am a driver so I can’t look at the keypad and dial numbers when I am driving .so I use my Bluetooth to make and receive calls .2 days ago I bought this phone (samsung galaxy 2 )and I can’t solve this problem

Last edited: