Visual Voicemail

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
OK, that sounds great! How do I set that up? I obviously don't want to route all calls through my Google Voice number, I just want them to go straight to my phone, without any routing that might cost me extra money or show as a different number on someone else's caller id. However, when they go to voicemail I don't care who they go to, so my Google Voice number would be fine. Is it possible to route only calls you don't answer into the Google Voice system?

Yes, you set that you want your messages to go to the gvoice. That way you can also read them on your computer! :) It's been a while since I set it up but after you set it up in gvoice, you can go into your phone settings and select that you want gvoice for voicemail app and not Verizon Voicemail! :happy3:

Ansextra

Reaction score
Yes, you set that you want your messages to go to the gvoice. That way you can also read them on your computer! :) It's been a while since I set it up but after you set it up in gvoice, you can go into your phone settings and select that you want gvoice for voicemail app and not Verizon Voicemail! :happy3:
Yes that's all there is to it. I don't know of any advantage to using Verizon Visual Voicemail and paying on a monthly basis.

Je11yman

Reaction score
THIS IS AWESOME! It works great! And to think, I could have been doing this for a year or more. Doh!

cawaller

Reaction score
Visual Voice Mail Liberty 3.2 on DX

Sounds like you are going with Google Voice. It worked great for me on my OG but with my DX for some reason it has become flaky. If I choose to ignore a call the caller gets a prompt to "enter the number you want to leave a voice mail for" and I sometimes get prompts on my screen asking me to choose how to handle it.
Anyway to answer your initial question.. On 3 version 2 go to: Settings/Liberty Settings/Customization/Liberty Customizer/Addons/VoiceMail. This will install visual voicemail for Verizon. There are some other Blur installs there as well.