1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Voice voicemail service no longer working properly

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Detonation, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Detonation

Detonation New Member

I have been using Google Voice for my voicemail (instead of VZW) without issues since I got a Droid. However, about a month ago I wiped/reset my phone (Droid X) and since then GV voicemail hasn't been right. When I miss or ignore a call, there's a short pause and then my phone starts ringing again instead of just sending them to voicemail. It now takes the caller twice as long to get to my VM, and my phone reports I have two missed calls. It's almost as if when the call is sent to GV, instead of the voicemail taking it, GV treats it as a new incoming call and forwards it to my phone again.

I've searched on this issue and it sounds like many other Verizon users are experiencing issues similar to this as of recent. I didn't change any settings on GV (web or app) but did double checked both to make sure everything was right still. Anyone else having a problem like this? Almost sounds like Verizon made some recent change on their end that's messing up GV (and I wouldn't be surprised if it was on purpose cause they want people to pay for their $2.99 visual voicemail). I wasn't going to worry about this too much since I thought it was just my phone acting up and I'm getting a Galaxy Nexus whenever that comes out, but now I'm questioning if it will be messed up on that too.
  2. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    First, shouldn't be messed up on the Nexus, after all, why would Google let VZ ban their own service? dancedroid Second, have you tried uninstalling everything and starting over from scratch? All I was going to say is just to just make sure everything was checked right.
  3. Detonation

Detonation New Member

Yes completely removed voice and started from scratch, but I'm also sure I didn't change anything the first time....same process of restoring like I've used many times in the past. Here are some of the other accounts of the same/similar issue:

Google Voice is forcing me to ignore calls twice or causing all unanswered calls to call me again? - Google Voice Help
    http://www.google.com/support/forum...mail GV employee help pls - Google Voice Help
    Google Voicemail not working with my verizon number - Google Voice Help
    google voice with my own Verizon cell phone # now gives callers a generic message that requires callers dial my # again - Google Voice Help[/URL]All of them are from the last month or two
Search tags for this page
google voice causing voicemail issues
google voice no voicemail
google voice not downloading voicemail
google voice not taking voicemail on my verizon
google voice not transcribing voicemails
google voice vm verizon issue
google voice voicemail not playing
google voice voicemail not working verizon

google voicemail not working

google voicemail not working jedirom
google voicemail not working properly