visual voice mail

dave_k

Reaction score
is there any way to get this with out being charged for it?
thanks

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yes go dl YOUMAIL!!! or google voice...i prefer keeping my own phone number so i do Youmail :D it rocks! you can assign different greetings to each individual :D

EDIT: youmail is FREE

OP
D

dave_k

Reaction score
yes go dl YOUMAIL!!! or google voice...i prefer keeping my own phone number so i do Youmail :D it rocks! you can assign different greetings to each individual :D

EDIT: youmail is FREE
thanks, so with this app i dont get charged anything and dont have to foward anything to verizon, and i can read voicemails instead of having to hear them

OP
D

dave_k

Reaction score
it looks like i only get 7 times of usage then if i like the app i must pay for the service?

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i don't know about reading them or gettin charged after 7 usages. i just check my youmail on my computer and listen with my computer speakers. sorry if you misunderstood. i THINK google voice does what you want but i think you have to use a different phone number and it really messes up doing the speech to text thing. you'll have to look more into it or hopefully someone that uses it can enlighten you. good luck :D

EDIT: by visual voicemail i thought you meant the service offered by verizon for 2.99 per month. so sorry

OP
D

dave_k

Reaction score
i don't know about reading them or gettin charged after 7 usages. i just check my youmail on my computer and listen with my computer speakers. sorry if you misunderstood. i THINK google voice does what you want but i think you have to use a different phone number and it really messes up doing the speech to text thing. you'll have to look more into it or hopefully someone that uses it can enlighten you. good luck :D

EDIT: by visual voicemail i thought you meant the service offered by verizon for 2.99 per month. so sorry
thanks, all i am trying to do is read my mail

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

thanks, all i am trying to do is read my mail

Google voice will do what you want. and u don't need to change phone #'s
You need to get an invite though

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What tallica says may be true from what i've seen it will be hell reading any message you get.. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/46341-humurous-google-voice-transcripts.html <<<<read that

Also i know i've read SOMEWHERE that the person you're calling doesn't see your real phone number...i could be wrong or maybe they've changed the game. tons of people SWEAR by google voice.

also, i've seen at least 20 threads of ppl saying they've waited months to get an invite when they apply. hopefully someone sees your thread and 1) gives you an invite and 2) clears up what i think it's all about.

just make sure to :bump: this thread after a day or so ...just to bring it back to ppl's attention. again...good luck:D

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What tallica says may be true from what i've seen it will be hell reading any message you get.. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/46341-humurous-google-voice-transcripts.html <<<<read that

Also i know i've read SOMEWHERE that the person you're calling doesn't see your real phone number...i could be wrong or maybe they've changed the game. tons of people SWEAR by google voice.

also, i've seen at least 20 threads of ppl saying they've waited months to get an invite when they apply. hopefully someone sees your thread and 1) gives you an invite and 2) clears up what i think it's all about.

just make sure to :bump: this thread after a day or so ...just to bring it back to ppl's attention. again...good luck:D

Moastly the transcripts aren't horrible but they aren't great either.

When u set up google voice u can select to use a google voice # for:
1. All calls (People will see and have to call your GV #)
2. Overseas calls only
3. Don't use GV # (this is what I pick, people will see and use your normal Verizon #)

I got my invite on Ebay for less then 3 bucks.
I've seen people here giving out their extras though.

The only thing to do after you get the invite is download GV from the market and config your voicemail (which GV walks you through).

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
so there ya go!! thanks tallica for clearing that up lol

OP
D

dave_k

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys. kinda broke right now so i hope they(gv) email a invite code.